Looking for Waterproof case 720

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Hey guys. Planning a trip to N.C. on my bike and have my 720 mounted to my bars with a ram mount which works flawless. I really dont want to use a ziplock bag to protect it from the rain when i leave. is there something i can use in conjunction with my ram mount to protect it from the rain?

thanks.

Can you fit it in one of the Aqua Boxes? You've already got the RAM mount stuff, so that's 1/2 of the trouble.

Not sure if it'll fit into one like this...

I have no idea if it will fit. Never seen one of these at all until you posted it. Would hate to waste around 50 something bucks if it didn't. Might have to place a call to them and ask.

I know you said you don't want to do it, but I've kept my 720 dry for 3 years with a sandwich bag & a twist tie while on a RAM mount. Sexy? No...but how often are you really in the rain that it's a big deal? I keep the bag & tie in my tank bag, rain? Slip it over viola. You can still see through it, still operate the TT through it, and it's $.05 maximum.

But, it's your $$.

I know you said you don't want to do it, but I've kept my 720 dry for 3 years with a sandwich bag & a twist tie while on a RAM mount. Sexy? No...but how often are you really in the rain that it's a big deal? I keep the bag & tie in my tank bag, rain? Slip it over viola. You can still see through it, still operate the TT through it, and it's $.05 maximum.

But, it's your $$.

yeah this is what im most likely going to go. That case that arkon makes is 30 bucks, then i have to spend another 10 for an adapter plate plus shipping and next thing you know its over 50 bucks. the plastic bag is the way i will go until i can find some small plastic zippered makeup case and kinda make my own. thanks.

since I can use this mount and my ram mount for my other motorcycle i decided to go this route which wasn't too $ and it came with the handlebar mount as well.

Motorcycle / Bike WATERPROOF Mount for TOMTOM GO 930 920 920T 740 730 720 630 530 520 GPS

just to follow up, i got that waterproof case from above and the case itself is awesome. The mounting bracket which is plastic is great but there is no room for it. it needs to be able to extend rendering it useless to me so i returned it. Sucks. Ram should make something that would work with their mounts.

Ask a Question