Looking for Simple APP: Just want to display one image

So I created a custom splash screen, and it looks great, unfortunately I only see it for 5 seconds while my tomtom boots up. Is there anything available, or how hard would it be to create a simple button or function that allows me to toggle the display of this image on and off?

The photo viewer works but only if your unit support it. This doesn't work on the ONE series and I think the 510 either.

Thanks Pedro, the problem is I don't know what version I have. I have the TomTom unit that comes with the Eclipse AVN2210p head unit. It doesn't say anywhere in the manuals what version it is.

I guess it couldn't hurt to "try" this photo viewer you speak of? By the way do you have a specific link to this viewer?

Thanks Pedro, but I didn't want to display a slideshow. I simply wanted to be able to toggle on and off the display of my splash.bmp image. Maybe that photo viewer doesn't work with my unit, but I'm thinking there has to be a simple way to create a button for the menu that when pressed simply displays splash.bmp, no?

The device that comes with the Eclipse head unit is technically listed as a "TomTom DUO" however, it's just a ONE with a custom connector on the back of it to dock into the head unit.

"An Image Viewer for TomTom:
This program will turn your tomtom go/one/rider/300/500/700 into a digital frame for viewing pictures."

http://www.ilpiola.it/roberto/TomTom/imageviewer.asp

I've installed it on my ONE 3rd in a Custom Menu and it works fine for running a slideshow. The ttiview er is called from a script, so you can modify the default refresh/hold time from 10 seconds...

"An Image Viewer for TomTom:
This program will turn your tomtom go/one/rider/300/500/700 into a digital frame for viewing pictures."

I've installed it on my ONE 3rd in a Custom Menu and it works fine for running a slideshow. The ttiview er is called from a script, so you can modify the default refresh/hold time from 10 seconds...

This program works great! If you want to display just one image, simply only put one image in the image directory and it will loop on this image constantly until you tap the screen.

SplashBack - v1.02 - 16-Feb-2008

I threw together a quick app using the GNU toolchain....

When launched from the menu, it will display your "splash.bmp" file until you tap the screen.

There are no configurable settings, as the screen size and therefore the splash screen resolution is
read from the TomTom. This should work with 320x240/240x320/480x272 screens, but all I have is a ONE 3rd.

Unzip the file with pathnames.

SplashBackClassic 18-Feb-2008

Modified just for the Classic model. Rename/copy this file to "SplashBack" to use it instead.

It differs from SplashBack in that the splash.bmp is rotated and drawn backwards(it appears fine.)

Attachments

• SplashBack.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Image Viewer

I have 2 GO 300's and 2 GO 700's, the 2-300's have been upgraded to a 2 gig SD card. I downloaded Roberto's image viewer from the link below, and I can't seem to get it to work on any of my GO's. I am wondering if another ap is steppng on this one. Could I have something from another 3rd Party preventing this one from running? How can I tell? I get his Credits screen, but it displays that for at least a minute, then goes to the Map. I have tried both his 2.0 and his 2.01 versions. He developed it on a Rider, I believe.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Regards,
Richard

I have not been able to get imageviewer 2.01 to display files other than the samples provided with the program. When it hits a .jpg file, the TT One LE reboots.

Has any one got this program to dispaly .jpg files?
Is there a file size limit?
Is there an image size limit?

Is there any tricks?

Is there a viewer that shows .jpg files on a TT One 2nd Ed with Navcor 7 ?

As mentioned in the link provided, imageviewer also supports JPG files since release 2.0 last August. It works fine on my ONE LE.

Neither one of these image viewers worked correctly in my 140s. I liked the diarama but I couldn't
stop the photos once they were started.

Dean

Ask a Question