Longer Distances for "Warn When Near" POI

Hi Guys

I have just loaded a POI detailing all the toll booths for France. When setting the distance to warn me of POI it will only let me set 1000m max. I would like to set this distance a lot longer, like 10,000m. Is it possible?

If any of you are wondering why I would like this the reason is that in France the cops often setup unmanned mobile speed traps 5km or more from the toll booth. If you have been speeding a digital photo of you with the indicated speed is sent to the waiting cops at the toll!

Thanks in advance

Peter

longer POI warning

I suggested that to TomTom, for a different reason. I was working on a list of radio stations and wished for a way to tell me when I was several tens of miles away from one so I could tune to it during a trip.

Several of us succeeded in creating a list of NPR stations, then a few other lists of different kinds of stations, using coordinates of the antenna towers and including some of the translator stations associated with them. But they're not as useful as they could be with the limited warning available on the TomTom.

Now, on a trip, I use Sirius radio most of the way.

So it looks like it cannot be done?

I guess the only other option would be to plan a route and then check for the toll booths and calculate 10km from the toll booth and add a manual POI for this. Bit messy though.:(

Ask a Question