Local Points of Interest

TomTom Model(s)
Urban Rider
I wanted to ride to Stonehenge the other day (as you do) as its local to me..... and I hoped I could just search POI and it would find it for me...but all that comes up are a very few POI in France and Germany! Odd as I'm searching local POI and I'm in Wiltshire.

Do you have to load a special set of POI in the UK?

I'm surprised it couldn't Stonehenge using the address function or any of the others...

Do I have to tell it where Stonehenge is or are such POI's downloadable anywhere?:confused:

Thanks

Hedgehog

When you go to Navigate to-->Address, you should see a flag symbol on the top right. Set it to UK.

This could be due to one of two things

1. You are missing the file that provides the "built-in" POIs
2. You are expecting too much from the built-in POIs!

To check #1, what happens if you go to Navigate to.... POI"?
Do you see a category for "Airports"?
If you choose that category, are any airports in the UK listed?

For #2, It could be one of two more things...
1. The latest TT software has a STUPID distance restriction of about 50-80 miles on on POI searches, so you need to tell it to look nearby to a particular city.

2. TomTom's POIs are often pretty poor. That's why there are several websites that have alternative libraries of them for hundreds of different interests.
What POI category did you choose when searching for Stonehenge?

As well as the link dhn gave above, I would suggest getting some of the POI files from PocketGPS World here: Download FREE POIs.

Ask a Question