Loading saved .itn files.

I have created some routes that I want to follow, but my XXL 530 continues to plan a different route. I've played with all the settings, but still cannot load my .itn saved file. I used Google Maps and Tyre to create this route.

At this point, I'm wishing that I had purchased a Garmin unit.

Thanks for any help/explanation to get me on the right track.

Darrell

Did you go to Itinerary Planning-->Load and retrieve an Itinerary you had created and saved?

Also an Itinerary is just a list of points you wish to travel to. TomTom will still pick what it thinks is the most efficient route. To stop TT from deviating from your choice of roads, add more waypoints (you are allowed 48/itinerary) to reduce or eliminate TT's tendency to deviate.

I have created some routes that I want to follow, but my XXL 530 continues to plan a different route. I've played with all the settings, but still cannot load my .itn saved file. I used Google Maps and Tyre to create this route.

At this point, I'm wishing that I had purchased a Garmin unit.

Thanks for any help/explanation to get me on the right track.

Darrell
I can't tell if the problem is a missing or misplaced itinerary file, or some confusion about how to invoke it on your TomTom, or a complaint about how your TomTom chooses to get you from each point to the next.

First, with your TT hooked to your PC, please review the "itn" folder on your TomTom. Do you see your itinerary file (something.itn) there?

Now, when you go to run your itinerary, what happens when you first ask your TT to load the new itinerary?

Ask a Question