Live Services GPSfix?

Is GPSfix included as part of TT Live Services?

I thought sure I read (somewhere on the TT web site) that it was, but right now with my Live Services subscription on-going, I only see GPSfix updating when I connect to TT Home via my desktop with TT740TM Live device in docking cradle.

If indeed, it is part of the Live Services program, how do I tell whether I am receiving the "Live" service or not?:confused:

GPSfix is available for everyone. Live services not required.

Don't you people with Live services have a network status icon you can check or something?

Starting with app 9.x, the GPSfix update on LIVE devices is automatic. The menu items were removed.

The HOME GPSFix file lasts 7 days. And a new one is published each night.

If the device's file is more than 4 days old, the device will download a new one over LIVE services (with no notice/warning). You can see the timestamp of the files in the ephem folder to confirm it's working.

Starting with app 9.x, the GPSfix update on LIVE devices is automatic. The menu items were removed.

If the device's file is more than 4 days old, the device will download a new one over LIVE services (with no notice/warning). You can see the timestamp of the files in the ephem folder to confirm it's working.

Excellent info. Thanks.

Probably too techie a question to include in user guide (in US anyway -- seems most here just want plug and go.);)

Just to update. Today is 10-30. Checked this AM via Windows Explorer w/o downloading anything from TT Home, and ephem folder files are dated 10-27. So we shall soon see if my GPSfix data upadates properly as I don't plan logging onto TTHome until late this week. That should be proof positive.

FY of all, my entry for Google Search, Weather and GPS fix all show exp date of 10-28. This AM Google Search worked as I searched for a motel located two states away from my home and Weather Live Service just worked like a dream.

Just to update. Today is 10-30. Checked this AM via Windows Explorer w/o downloading anything from TT Home, and ephem folder files are dated 10-27. So we shall soon see if my GPSfix data upadates properly as I don't plan logging onto TTHome until late this week. That should be proof positive.

FY of all, my entry for Google Search, Weather and GPS fix all show exp date of 10-28. This AM Google Search worked as I searched for a motel located two states away from my home and Weather Live Service just worked like a dream.

OOOOOps. I mean 8-28 not 10-28.

HI all,

Just received written reply to my question on TT CS website and it is confirmed TT is working on a program fix. Hopefully, program fix is either in TT Home software or in the Live Services Switch Software. For sure I am sufficeintly happy with my TT and can live with data displaying that I know is incorrect. Buft fore sure, if TT proposes a system software change I will wait for months until they issue a system software update that is designed to fix far more significant problems

Chuck

Ask a Question