Live Services for Europe not Australia

TomTom Model(s)
Live 820
Hi there,

I have a Tom Tom Live I bought in Europe and it was great. Saved me many times telling me where the speed cameras were. Now Im back in Australia and have a map for Australia all loaded. Problem now is the Live Services is for Europe and not Australia so no speed camera warning or live traffic for that matter.

My Question.
How do I get the Live Services for Australia?
How do I load in on the device?

Remember I already have live services for Europe which is loaded, but useless in Oz.

Cheers/

Live services depend upon an internal SIM card that is compatible with your local cellular network, and an agreement with a local provider to handle the billing for TomTom for Live services for the account tied to that SIM.

You have the former. You do not have the latter. What you are attempting to do is "roam" with a European card in Australia, and that is not possible. I do not know if there is any means for resolving this apart from swapping for an Australian SIM card whose identity will be recognized by a carrier in your country. You can give tech support a call to see what is possible:

+61 2 8875 1700

Oh man I hope they can do something to sort that out. How stupid is that. At least with a non Live Tom Tom you can buy the speed camera service. How depressing.

Ask a Question