live services and other questions

i find the tomtom range and features very confusing. Just to say first off im in the UK and drive only in the UK.
I am looking at getting either the 1005 europe, 1000 europe, 1000 regional or 825.
Firstly im confused on the HD traffic service. This is the feature that has the latest traffic hold ups i believe? Now im confused as to whether this is a free service and a live subscription is needed? I ask because on the tomtom website under live services this is where its listed. But if i dont keep up the annual sub do i lose this much wanted feature?

then i see some models mention traffic camera updates and others dont. is this a sunscription only feature? because its mentioned seperatly to models that have the live sub. For example the 825 says live one year subscription but makes no mention of camera updates.

So bascially id like to know after one year if i dont renew what features do i lose on this mentioned models and is the only difference between europe and regional versions the maps?

Also is there anyway to get lifetime map updates in the UK?

Thanks for any help.

:thumb:

Lifetime maps is not an option for European devices.

I'll wait till one of our UK based mods pops in here to give you sound advice about your other questions.

ALL of the LIVE services come in one package, which includes HD Traffic, Speed cameras, Weather Reports, Google Search, Fuel Prices (only on old models in the UK) and Trip Advisor and Expedia and Twitter (only on new models).
Other countries have a slightly different mix of services.

Al of this is described in more detail (but in "marketing-speak) in the "Services" section of the TomTom website.

LIVE Services are a subscription-only service, currently about £47 a year in the UK, but most TomTom hardware comes with a free one-year trial.
You can use the services across Europe and there are accessed on the device by a built-in SIM card that accesses the mobile phone network for the data.

Ask a Question