Live Changing Maps (TomTom site)

TomTom Model(s)
Another interesting TomTom site I just came across:

Live Changing Maps

I found it on the UK site. Very high in flash content, actually all flash, and a catchy song. Saying the maps are updated constantly! I wish they would honor the map guarantees then and help out the loyal customers a bit more!

Replying to my own post...but quick question also.

This site says that TomTom releases new maps 4 times a year. So when was 710 first available? Wouldn't the next version be available soon since that breaks down to every 3 months there is a new release? I want to upgrade since I have 665 maps but will be mad if I buy 710 and suddenly they come out with 750 (example).

If the Map Share guarantee of 12 months contains road updates as well then I'd be a happy camper. The problem is that it's unclear if road updates will be included.

This is why TomTom should have a subscription option. You subscribe a year at a time during which you get ALL map updates for your unit. You get notified a month before you subscription ends so you can renew for the next year. Heck, they could even have multi-year options but those would have to be transferable to a new unit just incase your unit died or get stolen. Not sure how one would handle a unit you sold.

Additional features that could be added to the subscription such as theft deterrent/recovery. If your unit was connected to "TomTom Home" on another computer and you tried to add it to another or new account TomTom would flag it if you had reported it stolen or lost.

I wonder what they mean when they say "with four new map releases a year, you are assured of the very best maps available today." While Teleatlas has released four map updates a year, TomTom has only made one update each year available to purchase. Even when they were shipping newer maps on updated products, users couldn't buy the newer map directly from TomTom. It will be interesting to see if this changes since this sounds like they will be making the Teleatlas quarterly updates available via the "latest map guarantee" program. I guess we'll have to wait and see if those same updates will be available to purchase from the map store as well.

Read the "Latest Map Guarantee". Says..
"If TOMTOM releases a NEWmap within 30 days from when you start using your Tomtom, you can download if for free. ... Watch they will say, it was ALREADY released prior to buying your unit, therefor you don't get it for free.

Just a thought

I would definitely be in favor of a subscription system for map updates. I could write it off as a business expense. I suppose I could do the same thing for new maps, but I am always hesitant to purchase them when they become available because I don't know if they will really make a difference in the areas where I travel. If I had a subscription, I would always have the most up to date maps.

How can we help!?

Another interesting TomTom site I just came across:

Live Changing Maps

I found it on the UK site. Very high in flash content, actually all flash, and a catchy song. Saying the maps are updated constantly! I wish they would honor the map guarantees then and help out the loyal customers a bit more!

You mention that you wish TomTom would help loyal customers a bit more! Any suggestions?

What are peoples thoughts about creating Maps that provide you with Holiday information, for example a route planner taking in all Points of interest, restaurants and hotels along the journey for example?

Ask a Question