List Navcore 7 Problems

TomTom Model(s)
TT 1 (NE)
While we all know that TomTom is the best bar none, sometimes gremlins pop up and cause GPSr users headaches. So with that said I think we should help the Tech Support guys n gals and the powers that be at TomTom to identify some of the problems popping-up with Navcore 7. Perhaps by listing them here for TomTom a quicker solution could be found and implemented!

Mike L.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever chased a small monkey? Chances are you haven't, because if you had, you'd know how inaccurate that statement was ;)

Still no information about altitude. Why?
I going very frequently to the montain area and really I need it.
How hard it's to put in the GPS view the altitude information?:confused:

Did you try to do this to get Tripmaster working with v7?

http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk

How can Tripmaster run correctly on Rider 2, One XL (with v7) and GOx20 ?

To run Tripmaster correctly on Rider 2, One XL (with v7) or GOx20, perform the following actions :

* install Tripmaster on your Tomtom
* run it once, the screen is garbaged
* stop it by clicking in the upper right corner of the screen
* connect your Tomtom to your PC and edit the file /tripmaster/config.txt with Wordpad
* in this file, change the line screenadaptation none in screenadaptation rider2
* save your mods and re-start your Tomtom
* run Tripmaster, the screen is OK

NB: this fix works only for the screens generated by Tripmaster. The virtual keyboard display, invoked in some Tripmaster setups, remains garbaged. This can't be fixed.

How hard it's to put in the GPS view the altitude information?:confused:

Altitude is shown on the satellite screen ... the one with the bar graphs, I think.

Because it is not useful for car navigation. You are at road-level, that is all that a GPS designed for car navigation needs to know about your altitude.

Do you really need altitude info? Why?

How hard it's to put in the GPS view the altitude
Actually, accurately calculating altitude with GPS is extremely hard to do.

GPS was designed to give your position on the earths surface, not above it. It was never designed to measure altitude. For that you need an altimeter. That is why devices designed for mountaineering say, which need accurate altitude info, have a built-in altimeter. GPS is simply not up the task. It was never designed to be. It can give you wildly inaccurate of course...

Ask a Question