Lifetime maps code won't activate

I just purchased a 335TM with traffic and lifetime maps. The promotion code is listed on a paper that was included in the box. I updated the device and then entered the activation code on TomTom home. This was the response:

"The activation code you entered is valid but the promotion product doesn't work with your device type or with the version of the application you have installed on it. Please install the latest version of the device application by clicking "update my device" in the main menu."

I've already updated my device (there are no further updates available). Any other ideas???

Try resetting your unit by holding the power button on the unit for 10-15 seconds till you hear the drum sound (I don't think that model has a dedicated reset hole).

Then, connect to Home and try the promotion code again. If you aren't successful, call CA at 866-486-6866 (on Monday) and they should be able to activate your lifetime maps on line.

One last thing to check...........

When you logged into Home to enter the promotion code, it was with the email address you used to create your account at tomtom.com, was it not?

3 years code promotion code not working

I have start 20 version and my code for 3 years maps free is not working and give the same message reported below.
I tried to reset but is still not working... How can I do? I' m in Italy.
Thank you

:mad:
Try resetting your unit by holding the power button on the unit for 10-15 seconds till you hear the drum sound (I don't think that model has a dedicated reset hole).

Then, connect to Home and try the promotion code again. If you aren't successful, call CA at 866-486-6866 (on Monday) and they should be able to activate your lifetime maps on line.

One last thing to check...........

When you logged into Home to enter the promotion code, it was with the email address you used to create your account at tomtom.com, was it not?

If you go to the TomTom UK website, go to "Support"and find the "Contact us" section, there is a drop-down box to change country.

If you select "Italia" it says the contact number is

lunedì-venerdì: ore 10:00 - 17:00 CET

Ask a Question