Lifetime Maps Card

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2505TM
I just got a new 2505TM. In the box it had a card marked Lifetime Maps, Do Not Discard. But there are only instructions on how to download mytomtom and connect the gps, no unique code or anything. Is that the way it is supposed to be?

On the card, there should be an area to scratch to reveal a code which you would insert into the proper field when you download the MyTomTom app (tomtom.com/getstarted) and register your unit with an email. On the right side of the web page will be a green MyTomTom area where, when you click it, will expand to allow for your email and activation code.

If you don't have a code on the sheet in the box, call CS at 866-486-6866.

If a unit has lifetime maps activated, does it show up in mytomtom? Or is there anyway to verify it has been activated?

If you call CS at 866-486-6866 and provide your serial number, they can verify that lifetime maps are registeredto your device.

Thanks. After several calls they said lifetime is active on my account, but all this mess makes me wonder if it really is, and really is active on this unit and not ones previously registered on my account. I guess I can't know until the next quarterly update comes out if it really is?

It rather sucks that it doesn't say anything in mytomtom. It said "latest map guarantee" in mytomtom, why can't it say lifetime updates.

Oooh, I found it.

If you go into 'Manage Content' on mytomtom, then open the 'My Maps' tab it shows my maps and under them 'Active on your device' 'Lifetime Map Update Service'

Hey ertyu,

What did this card look like?
Where exactly was it in the package?
Are you in Canada also?

I just got the same device last night and all I had in the package was the MyTomTom card folded the same size as the square area of the box and the manual. No lifetime 'do not discard' scratch code card or anything to the extent that I've read on these forums.

I'm starting to think maybe my TomTom isn't 100% new.
I bought it from Best Buy and the tape was sealed.

Did the clear plastic sticker that covers the metal plate on the back of your device have any writing on it? Mine has the number '45' written with blue marker. Not sure what this is or means???

Forum member 'dhn' has been giving me very helpful tips in my thread from earlier and I'll be calling TomTom very soon to clarify all this.

Hey ertyu,

What did this card look like?
Where exactly was it in the package?
Are you in Canada also?

I just got the same device last night and all I had in the package was the MyTomTom card folded the same size as the square area of the box and the manual. No lifetime 'do not discard' scratch code card or anything to the extent that I've read on these forums.

I'm starting to think maybe my TomTom isn't 100% new.
I bought it from Best Buy and the tape was sealed.

Did the clear plastic sticker that covers the metal plate on the back of your device have any writing on it? Mine has the number '45' written with blue marker. Not sure what this is or means???

Forum member 'dhn' has been giving me very helpful tips in my thread from earlier and I'll be calling TomTom very soon to clarify all this.

It was a square card the size of the box, it was folded over, one side had english, the inside had french. It said Lifetime Maps Do Not DIscard etc. on it, but only gave instructions for installing the software. There was no code or obvious place a code could have been. I'm in Canada. My unit didn't have any plastic on the back metal part. It looks like it was new, but I couldn't discount someone surgically removing the code from the box and returning it.

Anyway, I called support like dhn said and they asked for pictures of the card I mentioned and a receipt, I uploaded both and they applied the lifetime maps to my unit. Didn't explain what had happened though.

Lifetime Maps

I had the same problem back in April this year when I bought my GO 2505 TM from Best Buy in Montreal;I E-Mail TomTom CS and they asked for the serial number and proof of purchase in order to activate Lifetime Maps;in conclusion,this card is useless for Canadian customers...
Thanks
:mad:

Hey,

I called TomTom a few minutes ago and they asked me to take a picture of the box, receipt and everything.

I sent them the picture and a few minutes later, I get a reply back saying that the Lifetime Maps has been activated.

All is well!

Thanks everyone for your help!

lifetime maps

Same problem here. I got the card that says Lifetime Maps and "important - do not discard" but there is no activation code on it and no area to scratch. I think the Chinese company that makes these messed up big time (not surprising for Chinese).

The CS folks asked for PofP scan to .pdf and a picture of the box. I've sent them in, but nothing back yet.

I got ours through Walmart online from the Mississauga warehouse. They don't sell them in the stores. I wonder how many thousands are out there with no code.

Stop sending stuff to China for them to mess up! Nothing from China works properly

Same problem here. I think all the 2505TM went out without activation codes on the LIFETIME MAPS card. Another example of Chinese quality!

Ask a Question