Lifetime Map Update question

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540TM
Hi all,

I have two TTs: 540S and 340M. The 340M has yet unused LMU code, but I would really like to use it to get map updates on my 540, effectively turning it into 540M. Is this possible? Will this LMU code work or is it tide to a specific device or device type?
BTW, if this works I know I won't be able to get LMU on 340, but that's fine.
Thanks

LMU are associated with a specific unit. If you got a 340 with that feature, you can't transfer it to the 540.

dhn, thanks for a quick reply. Too bad, but expected.
I can see LMU available 'soon' on US website as one of map updates option, maybe they will offer it here in the future as well. And judging by the latest models, we will keep the old ones longer.

I noticed that as well.......that's a change from TT's original approach where they weren't planning to offer the Lifetime map or traffic for existing (at the time) models.

I already entered the code and it seems to have hooked-up my unit to the lifetime maps setup. However, I tried to re-enter the code later on another time and it produced an error msg: I'd like to confirm that this is normal, since I assume that the code only needs to be entered once? Thx.

That's correct. One time is all it takes.

Ask a Question