Life time maps

TomTom Model(s)
Live 1005 world
I have just ordered the TT live 1005 world as it was a good price in tesco , but now i'am not sure if this TT comes with free map upgrades for life . I know the 1005 Europe does , can anyone confirm the the 1005 world comes withe the free map upgrades, if it doesn't I will need to take it back as the free maps where a big draw to TT.

Thanks Arno , from what I have found out is that the free lifetime maps for the 1005 world are the European maps not the rest of the world .. A bit misleading .

@Purplemadboy
That's how it had been with 'life time' on the other continent but, since I did not know for a fact that TomTom did not make changes I did not want to say so. This is specifically as I could not find any references to it, one way or the other, when glancing at the fine print.

You don't say whether it includes the suffix M or TM on the end of the 1005. If Tesco is on the ball, they'll have included one of those suffix marks to indicate a unit that comes with the map subscription. I'll see what I can find on the Tesco site.

FWIW: A combo North America / Europe unit that includes lifetime maps always winds up including them only for the continent of origin. In other words, the lifetime subscription on your end would only cover Europe, not North America. We've never quite understood why.

Well, purple, it's a crap shoot. Tesco says nothing about it at all. TomTom, on the other hand, shows that model ONLY WITH the lifetime map subscription. What the web site says is "Purchased between 8th January 2013 – 31st July 2013", it doesn't say purchased from whom.

BE SURE TO SAVE EVERY SCRAP OF PAPER IN YOUR BOX. One may have the requisite code on it that is needed to enable the lifetime map subscription.

TomTom, on the other hand, shows that model ONLY WITH the lifetime map subscription. What the web site says is "Purchased between 8th January 2013 – 31st July 2013", it doesn't say purchased from whom.
Have a look at section 8. in the link to terms I provided above.

@Purple
Regardless of anything that might be found anywhere, DO understand that in spite of the confusion TomTom causes with their written text, the free map updates apply ONLY to the 'continent of origin'. The second and more specific link is correct.

@Arno
It certainly appears that the only exceptions are the usual auction sites. The wording is the same as was once the case here in NAM when rebates were being offered by 'that other' GPS company.

@Purplemadboy
Their server talks to your device directly, just using your computer as a pipe line.
That's why they came out with MyToTom rather than carrying on with HOME.

Ask a Question