Left... Right? Bug!!

I have noticed with the 920 (upgraded from 910) that the Voice will at times announce "Left", but the turn is actually a right. The next time the Voice comes back, she usually gets it right, but by then, I may have switched lanes if I haven't glanced at the screen.

Dangerous bug when in heavy traffic!

I have had the same experience with my 720. First I thought I probably just didn't hear it correctly. Thought I heard left, then she said right. A few more times so I guess it is a bug in the firmware. I have map 715 and latest FW.
I too am looking for an answer.

Sidney

I have had the same experience with my 720. First I thought I probably just didn't hear it correctly. Thought I heard left, then she said right. A few more times so I guess it is a bug in the firmware. I have map 715 and latest FW.
I too am looking for an answer.

Sidney

Same here with a 720. Shows the correct path, but the unit tells you to turn in the opposite direction. :confused:

This has been happening to me ever since I got the unit back in Dec.
Updates didn't seem to make any difference. These GPS's are a little confused when it comes to where it takes you.:confused:

Always take a Google map with you just in case.:mad:

I have heard the same thing on my One XL S a few times. At first, I thought I heard wrong, but it really did say it wrong. My observation is that it seemed to happen to me on roads that twisted around a bit between the wrong voice direction and the actual turn.

Hmmm, I thought that it was just me. My wife has heard it also. Maybe if I download a male computer voice, it will pronounce it correctly.

.... and we thought we were going crazy.

It's not that funny, though. It can create some last second confusion which, in traffic, could be very dangerous.

.... and we thought we were going crazy.

It's not that funny, though. It can create some last second confusion which, in traffic, could be very dangerous.

I get in the habit of glancing at the bottom left side of the screen as I'm driving since there is an arrow there indicating the direction of the next turn.

It seems to be map dependent, as only specific intersections cause it. This has been reported less and less, so I assume Tomtom's been fixing their maps over time.

One additional piece of info....on the 140S, the L/R error (when it happens) is always on the first turn alert voice message, "Left [or right] turn ahead." The 2nd turning phrase is always correct.

I had this happening to me a few times. Some are definitely map errors as it does the same thing over and over, time after times. One of them being the intersection of hwy 595 and hwy 75, in Sunrise FL, when going west on 595. Other times it seems to be random.

Ask a Question