"Latest Map Guarantee" & TT Home doesn't work (GO 630)

Helllo everybody! ;)
Some days ago I have bought my TT GO 630. It works great but I found some problems.

1. I can't use "Latest Map Guarantee". When download comes to the end and timer is over (but download line is not completed) error occurs saying: "The connection to the TomTom server timed out". So I tried many times but the same error occurs.

2. After installation of TomTom HOME I can connect my TT device to PC only one time. Next time it shows "Device is not connected".

Please, help me to solve these problems. :(

1. Can you tell if the map was really downloaded? Look here: C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\ and see if there is a .cab file there.

2. Try a reset on the unit and see if that helps.

1. Yes, but I found it in another direction: C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\map

I can see ZIP archive here (1.56 GB) and .cab file. I can't open the ZIP ('Unexpected end of archive').

2. What the 'unit' do you mean?

The unit means your TomTom. It does look as if the download was corrupt. If you are sure you can't open it with winrar or equivalent, try moving it to a temp folder and try downloading again.

Are you by chance using a wireless router for your downloads? If so, please try a directly connected computer. Wireless transfers of large files, like maps, seem to befuddle TT's servers.

1. I can't use "Latest Map Guarantee". When download comes to the end and timer is over (but download line is not completed) error occurs saying: "The connection to the TomTom server timed out". So I tried many times but the same error occurs.

Tomtom servers are occasionally flakey, but they usually resolve themselves in a day or two.

If you continue to get disconnection errors, it may be your internet connection reliability. Try going to broadbandreports.com and download their tweak tools.

2. After installation of TomTom HOME I can connect my TT device to PC only one time. Next time it shows "Device is not connected".
When you disconnect, are you first clicking the blue disconnect button in the lower right of HOME? That causes a Tomtom reset that may help with reconnects.

Tomtom servers are occasionally flakey, but they usually resolve themselves in a day or two.

If you continue to get disconnection errors, it may be your internet connection reliability. Try going to broadbandreports.com and download their tweak tools.

When you disconnect, are you first clicking the blue disconnect button in the lower right of HOME? That causes a Tomtom reset that may help with reconnects.

I tried the tweak test. Look at result please:

Tweak Results - dslreports.com

I've been tied up with a quarterly financial close at work, and not online very often.

Looks like your tweak test link expired. If you want to rerun, I'll take a look.

Ask a Question