Latest Map Guarantee - a one shot deal?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Hi Everyone,

Just got my new Tomtom Go 720 yesterday. I have a question about the Latest Map Guarantee: Does it only work once? What I mean is, if your Tomtom ships with outdated maps, and you update them immediately using the guarantee, if another update is release within 30 days of your purchase, can you download that new update for free too?

If this is not the case, at least by default, is it possible that Tomtom support would re-enable the guarantee if this were to happen?

OK, so I got a little impatient and updated my maps anyway. It looks like the option to use latest map guarantee is still there, and when I click on it, it still checks for new maps. So I guess it will work as many times as you need during the 30 days.

the latest map for 720 is version 710. This version ws released not too long ago.

So if TomTom happens to release a newer version within 30 days of you using TomTom Home and connecting to TomTom then you will get the latest map. After 30 days then you are out of luck and if you want to upgrade you will have to purchase the latest map.

rkrmpg, thank you for your response!

My 720 shipped with version 705 maps. After reading these forums, I realized that they were outdated. I knew I could use the latest map guarantee to update to the 710 maps for free, but I was worried that if I did that, and a new map update was released after I updated to the 710 maps, (but still before my 30 days were up,) I wouldn't be able to update to the newer map because I already used the latest map guarantee once. After playing around with it on my own, it appears (though I can't confirm this) that you are able to update your maps for free as many times as you want within those 30 days.

I realize that the likelihood of Tomtom releasing more than one map update a year, (and within 2-3 months of the previous one, no less,) was highly unlikely. I just wanted to be sure that if it did happen, I wouldn't be completely screwed.

rkrmpg, thank you for your response!

My 720 shipped with version 705 maps. After reading these forums, I realized that they were outdated. I knew I could use the latest map guarantee to update to the 710 maps for free, but I was worried that if I did that, and a new map update was released after I updated to the 710 maps, (but still before my 30 days were up,) I wouldn't be able to update to the newer map because I already used the latest map guarantee once. After playing around with it on my own, it appears (though I can't confirm this) that you are able to update your maps for free as many times as you want within those 30 days.

I realize that the likelihood of Tomtom releasing more than one map update a year, (and within 2-3 months of the previous one, no less,) was highly unlikely. I just wanted to be sure that if it did happen, I wouldn't be completely screwed.

There will always be updates so you might as well update to the latest now and deal with what comes down the road later...

Hi Everyone,

Just got my new Tomtom Go 720 yesterday. I have a question about the Latest Map Guarantee: Does it only work once? What I mean is, if your Tomtom ships with outdated maps, and you update them immediately using the guarantee, if another update is release within 30 days of your purchase, can you download that new update for free too?

If this is not the case, at least by default, is it possible that Tomtom support would re-enable the guarantee if this were to happen?

upgrade your tt home to ver 2.0 and it checks your maps everytime your link it to the computer...No codes need update is free on tomtom home page

OK, so I got a little impatient and updated my maps anyway. It looks like the option to use latest map guarantee is still there, and when I click on it, it still checks for new maps. So I guess it will work as many times as you need during the 30 days.

Mine's the same way. I'm going to try and update on day 30 just in case.

Ask a Question