Largest SD expansion possible - SD or SDHC?

No, that is not correct. A 920 with the latest application (8.351) can deal with a sdhc card up to 32 gigs in size. The faster the speed, the better.

No, that is not correct. A 920 with the latest application (8.351) can deal with a sdhc card up to 32 gigs in size. The faster the speed, the better.

Thanks for the response. Can you simply snap the card in the slot and immediately load a map onto it
with no configuration changes or anything else? If so, my flash card is defective and it'll need to be sent back for replacement.

You should be able to copy the entire map folder from your unit to the sdhc card using Explorer, delete the map folder from internal. Start up your unit and the application should be able to see the map data as if it were residing on internal.

If a pin reset doesn't rectify the problem and you don't by chance have a sdhc card that is locked, then I think there may be a problem with the card.

The only other thing I can think of is that you have one map on internal (like Western Europe) and the NA map on the card and you haven't gone through the Preference-->Manage Maps-->select map sequence.

I would copy the folder to the PC before trying to copy it to the SDHC card, the last time I tried to go straight from internal flash memory to an inserted SDHC card on my 720 it crashed out so I ended up with nothing in either location! - Mike

Sound advice, I'll remember to suggest that the next time the situation arises. Thanks Mike.

Hi Beratung, What device are you using, eg, Go930 and did you simply put the SD card in and you are off and running. I am just about to download a free update of all maps for my Go930 and it will take about 5GB for the USA/Canada,Europe, Australia/NZ, so it makes sense? to download them all on a SD card and leave the 4GB internal memory for other stuff? I was planning to use the 8GB SDHC.

That will work. Just be careful when you first connect the unit to Home that you select the external storage, not internal, and then proceed to Add maps.

Ask a Question