Laptop freezes during TT 910 update.

Almost every time I connect my TT910 to my laptop, the system freezes during the 910 update. On some occassions the QuickGPS shows up, but the system freezes before I can download.

Anyone know of a fix?

When it freezes, does it start up if you disconnect the USB connection, or do you have to manually shut it down ?

My original 910 would often freeze my HP desktop, and if I did anything other then an immediate manual shut-down - it would sometimes do nasty things. I learned about recovering corrupted config files thanks to TomTom, and it finally crashed my computer motherboard. The unit itself finally quit while it was trying to connect to the repaired computer, so I got a refurb replacement from TomTom.

A technician (non-TomTom) thinks the device may have had a non-conforming USB connection circut that did not operate within the universal USB standards (ie, too high a voltage, etc.) and this may have taken the motherboard down. He suggested (after-the fact-unfortunately) that possibly putting an external USB hub between the TomTom and the computer may have prevented this.

You might give it a try. I hope your 910 is not going to take your laptop down like it did my desktop, as you cannot so easily replace the board. If it does go down and is under warantee, don't even mention the TomTom to the Laptop tech if the TomTom takes it down.

Good luck

is the TT home software that is freezing? Is it on that damn loading screen? and it just sits there forever? If that's what it is, mine does it too, i have a ONE XL. As soon as it opens that screen that says loading, minimize it, leave it down there for like 2-3 minutes, and open it up, it should have figured it all out by then. don't ask me why, but someone else on here suggested that to me, and it works...

laptop freezes

The laptop locks up while on the "download" screen. Download starts, and I can see the red X on the 910. After a couple of minutes, the laptop locks up while on the download screen, BUT, sometimes I get a black screen. In either case, I have to power down the laptop and boot up.

I have access to a PC and don't have the issue. I suspect that the issue is with the laptop or TTHOME on my laptop.

Ask a Question