Language/Interface used to program TT?

TomTom Model(s)
One
Hey, all,

I'm wondering if anyone on the forums knows what programming language app builders have been using for the TT. Is there an SDK or something?

Thanks for the help!

Hey, all,

I'm wondering if anyone on the forums knows what programming language app builders have been using for the TT. Is there an SDK or something?

Thanks for the help!

According to the OpenTom Wiki website, TomTom had an SDK available but was discontinued on February 17th. It was last edited on March 1, 2007. I'm not sure but I don't think English is this person's first language because the sentence has mistakes.

From OpenTom

Jump to: navigation, search
Somebody know the fact that the TomTom device SDK has been discontinued on February 19th. This is the message that we received fron tomtom when we discover the sdk' missing in the official web tomtom, the question is why and whic future about develpments? Maurizio vellano

Source: http://www.opentom.org/Talk:Main_Page

I was searching the TomTom site and found this link:

http://www.tomtom.com/pro/

It looks like in order to get the SDK you need to register. You need to be either a Reseller or an enterprise.

UPDATE: It looks like it's for the NAVIGATOR app and it costs $195.00

Last edited:
Hmmmm... I'm wondering if the person who wrote Suntime and Tripmaster had to pay the developer fee...

I'm not totally sure how GPL works but because the TomTom device runs Linux which is open source software the kernal code should be available. That being, the programmer must have read it or know how it works and developed code for the kernal.

Again, I'm just assuming.

>> Hmmmm... I'm wondering if the person who wrote Suntime and Tripmaster had to pay the developer fee...

If he has to pay, we'll never get them for free.:D , or maybe we'll never get them in the first place.

Ask a Question