lack of and insufficient time for voice commands in an XL2

I have just bought a Tomtom XL2 with voice commands that state street names. The voice commands often do not give enough notice to get in the correct lane when turning especially at roundabouts. Sometimes the voice commands do not happen at all especially when on motorways.

Is there anyway to increase the time frame for commands prior to a turn?

Is there a reason for losing the commands?

I'm afraid there is no way to increase the time between the voice instruction prior to a turning, but it isn't NORMALLY a problem.

I usually get at least two verbal instructions before a turn off, and at roundabouts it is often three.

On the "full menu" models, there is an option in the preferences menu / Voice Preferences to switch off "Readaloud early warning instructions" and another one so you can swith off "Read aloud motorway lane instructions" but I don't know if those menus are available on the reduced menu devices like the XL2.

From the model number you sound like you could be in the UK? If so can you give an example of a particular motorway junction where you are not getting the verbal instructions, and I'll check out what *I* hear on my units.

Ask a Question