Kilometers and Miles

I have set the system to display in kilometers but the voice gives me instructions using miles.
Is there some setting that I have missed to change the voice instructions to use kilometers?

Last edited:
I have set the system to display in kilometers but the voice gives me instructions using miles.
Is there some setting that I have missed to change the voice instructions to use kilometers?
Try using a voice from a European country.

My computer voice (Susan_US) gives the distance in kilometers.

I will try that but maybe we can get some Canadian woman with a nice voice to make a Canadian file because the terms will be different between Canada and the UK or other parts of Europe.

I second that I could not find Susan on my one xl can she be downloaded for home? saying the distance in Km's for us Canadians would be nice,

XL doesn't have TTS, no Susan for you.

I realize I don't have TTS on my XL :rolleyes: but the voice does tell you to turn in XXX miles or meters in my case I'm looking for it to tell me to turn in xxx KM's.

hope this clarifies and misconceptions.

thanks

I realize I don't have TTS on my XL :rolleyes: but the voice does tell you to turn in XXX miles or meters in my case I'm looking for it to tell me to turn in xxx KM's.

thanks

There are free British & Australian & New Zealand voices you can download from TT's site (if the server is working). I know the Kiwis use kilometers. Try that.

Hi all !

For me it's the other way around. I would like it to say Miles, and then when closer to a destination, or a corner, I would like it to be in feet, not Yards.

Is that possible, maybe I mist somethings.

George

Hi all !

For me it's the other way around. I would like it to say Miles, and then when closer to a destination, or a corner, I would like it to be in feet, not Yards.

Is that possible, maybe I mist somethings.

George

No, you haven't missed anything. The voices don't break the distances down to feet. Yards is the best they do.

thanks
I don't think it will actually say kilometers...because I don't think it ever says miles. It only says meters and yards becuase these units are smaller parts of kilometers and miles. It only uses these when you're closer than a kilometer or a mile. At least that's the way my ONE works...

I don't think it will actually say kilometers...because I don't think it ever says miles. It only says meters and yards becuase these units are smaller parts of kilometers and miles. It only uses these when you're closer than a kilometer or a mile. At least that's the way my ONE works...

The computer voice on my 720 gives distances in kilometers...I use 'susie'.

The computer voice on my 720 gives distances in kilometers...I use 'susie'.
Ok, I was thinking about it, and I don't ever remember my ONE saying miles. Sometimes when there is a right turn ahead, a mile off, it will say right turn ahead, but it won't say one mile ahead.

I am going to the Canary Islands shortly. Can my TT xxl 2GB TTS Classic show distance in miles and speed in kilometers. Because of space restrictions I have had to remove all the voices apart from the English female computer voice and 1 male and 1 female English voice before I could install my last Western Europe map update. Joe

I think if you set your unit for miles, then distance will be expressed in that measurement as well. I guess the best way to check it out is to select Canary Is as the map, do an Advanced Planning (Plan A to B) and do a demo with the voice you select. Don't use the Emulator in Home as computer voices don't work. Do it on the unit itself.

Ask a Question