@ key for username cannot be accessed

TomTom Model(s)
I am trying to enter my username (email address) but I cannot use the at key (Alt Gr + 2). How do I enter the @ sign when using my PC in TomTom Home? (needed as I have just bought additional software). Ps. Danish keyboard but @ still in same place.

Last edited:
Don't remember...is there not an up arrow key on the TomTom keyboard to signify a shift key?

cannot use @ on key board in tomtom home

if i was using the 720 as a stand alone item then i could the up arrow but in tomtom home i cannot get the @ or $ keys - as the home software is on my stationary pc i do have a wireless option which would be necessary if not using the pc key board. - sorry if post not in correct place - first time user, in panic situation...

Last edited:
Try holding down the alt key and typing 64 in the numeric key pad. See if that works.

In Control Panel (assuming a pc, not a Mac), regional & language options, change the settings to US-english in the first tab and in the third tab (Advanced) as well.

Now try the @ sign above the 2. Does it work?

Try holding down the alt key and typing 64 in the numeric key pad. See if that works.
It can be a bit fussier in the sequence, and may require all 3 digits to be understood for his code page

Set to "numlock" ON
Hold ALT key
Type 0 6 4
Release ALT key
"@" should magically appear

If all else fails, try highlighting the @ from this thread, doing a ctrl-C to copy the clipboard, and do a ctrl-V to paste it into HOME.

I just went to try this. I am able to enter in the @ symbol just fine when connected to the tomtom via TomTom Home. All I did was shift + 2.

atsymbol.jpg

Ask a Question