Keeps rebooting and can't find SD card

TomTom Model(s)
GO 300
I've had a GO300 for about 6 months. I bought it refurbished on Amazon with a 1 year warranty. It has always rebooted without warning and most of the time when it does it, it can't find the SD card (big red X on the card). I have to remove and reinsert the card and I have to hit the reset button all the time (very irritating). I finally called tech support and have been since upgraded the s/w to the latest twice in the last month. It didn't stop the rebooting or can't find card problem. Does anyone think this could be an an SD card problem (maybe from vibration while I'm driving), if so I'd probably be willing to shell out the $15 for a new one. Otherwise I'm thinking of pushing for a replacement.

When it works - I really like it!

After multiple tech support calls, we formatted my SD card and downloaded the version of the maps / apps compatible with the time I bought my GO300. It has worked for the few days I've tried it since. Only time will tell.

Ask a Question