Keeping your TomTom plugged in?

Is there anyone that basically leaves their TomTom plugged in all the time? I am wondering if this is an ok practice?

Anytime my TomTom is connected to my laptop, it is plugged into (charging). Anytime I am in my car, my windshield mount is always plugged in. So basically my 510 never goes without being plugged in and charging.

Does anyone else do this?

Maybe this thread will help you - Link.

Thanks! Yep, it helped.

I did a search and did not find that topic so thanks for that!

From what I gather in that thread, what I am doing is just fine. My guess is my batter rarely goes under 90% charge because I go from the house (where it is charging) to the car (where it is charging), then repeat everyday. LOL

Thanks! Yep, it helped.

I did a search and did not find that topic so thanks for that!

From what I gather in that thread, what I am doing is just fine. My guess is my batter rarely goes under 90% charge because I go from the house (where it is charging) to the car (where it is charging), then repeat everyday. LOL

Same here, it's rarely not charging when I have my TT1 with me. The only time I don't have it charging is when I take it with me downtown.

I would recommend using the battery every couple of months to keep it in good working order. I find if you don't use it for long long periods of time they tend not to last as long on a full charge (half life). But if you could live with out the battery at all there would be no difference.

I would recommend using the battery every couple of months to keep it in good working order. I find if you don't use it for long long periods of time they tend not to last as long on a full charge (half life). But if you could live with out the battery at all there would be no difference.

ONce and awhile using it while not having it charged is 'healthy' as your are so called giving the battery its 'exercise' (lack of a better term).

Ask a Question