Jumping into the middle of an itinerary

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
I use TYRE/Google Maps to create my itinerary files. Itineraries work well if you start at the starting point of the itinerary.

Here's my question: is there any way to jump into the middle of an itinerary? For example, let's say I have a 10-waypoint itinerary that I want to use, but I'm already close to waypoint #3. Is there any way to follow the itinerary at waypoint 3 without having the TomTom try to bring me back to waypoing #1 first?

It would be nice if the TomTom was clever enough to recognize automatically that it's close to waypoint 3, and give me the ability to ignore waypoints 1 and 2 if I want to.

Thanks,

Steve

It would be nice if the TomTom was clever enough to recognize automatically that it's close to waypoint 3, and give me the ability to ignore waypoints 1 and 2 if I want to.

Thanks,

Steve

It was my understanding, perhaps wrong, that if you set a series of destinations for the itinerary, instead of waypoints, that you can achieve that which you requested.

Yes, quite easily. If you load up the internary on the unit you will get a list of the waypoints. If you click the one you want to go to, it brings up a menu and there is a visit now (or something similar) to that. Hit that, and that is the part of the interiary you will go do.
I'd give you exact button presses, but I don't have my unit near me at the moment...

You can just delete the irrevalent waypoints. Or mark them as 'visited'. Highlight a waypoint and the option screen comes up.

Last edited:

Ask a Question