Jumpin off course!

TomTom Model(s)
Go 630
I have a Ver2. and its been jumpin off course lately. Eg. 90 meters off the highway! Used to do it along time ago and now it seems to be back. Called support and they think I'm on crack. Is it just bad maps? I am using the newest maps thinking that would help. Nope. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

You're on crack... :p

But seriously... I had it a few weeks ago. The area I was in was mapped, but the device cound't figure out what road I was on it kept jumping from one road to the other, couldn't tell me which way to turn, etc. I shut it down restarted and drove the rest of the way home with no problem. I haven't used it since, but my wife did and didn't report any issues.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9m; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

Saw that recently on my 920 but turning it "off" (suspend) and turning it back on again did the trick. I assumed it was yet another little timing issue with Event Logger running in the background.

Hey - I had this happen all the way to my folks house 250kms away this weekend. There was nothing I could do to get back on the road. I was 4x4'ing 140 metres to the left of the highway (both ways - there and back) Kind of drove me a bit nuts, because it always shows the next direction as 140m ^--- , which of course doesn't make any sense at all. Besides, every side road, it freaks out a bit when you don't turn your way back to the highway.

I'm going to plug it in to my PC this evening and see if a new update is availiable. I already have the GPS Fix file, but maybe there's another one. (?)

It happened to me again this last weekend, but I think it was due to new roads being built. I was still able to find my way, even though I was driving in the lake.:eek:

VinMan, you still on your crack binge? :p

Ask a Question