Jpg Or Bmp Displaying Program For One V2.0?

To install Nano-x, download v1.3 from -->http://tomtomheaven.free.fr/plugins_nanox.php. This file name is nanox1.3.rar.

What I do is extract that file on my desktop so I end up with a folder called nanox1.3. You will see two subfolders: catapps and SDKRegistry

All you have to do is copy those two folders to root of your TomTom drive. So in my case the TomTom drive is G:\. In my G:\ I have the catapps and SDKRegistry folders among many others. That's it, the app has been installed.

Boot up your TomTom and now on your main menu you should see the Nano-X icon. In my case it was on Page 4 of 4. Just tap it, and now the program should launch.

---------------------

So now you want to install other plug-ins like pipepanic.

1. Download the game and extract it on your desktop.

2. You should have a folder called pipepanic. In this folder is another folder called 'catapps'. (Notice that you already have catapps on your TomTom because you already installed Nano-X.) Go into the 'catapps' folder on your desktop.

3. Now there are two sub directories named 'images' and 'pipepanic' along with a file called 'pipe'.

4. Copy the folder 'pipepanic' and the file 'pipe' to your TomTom drive under the folder 'catapps' which should already exist because you installed Nano-x. So I would go to my G:\catapps and paste in here.

5. Now back to your desktop and go to the 'images' folder, you'll see a file called 'pipepanic.gif'. Copy this file to your TomTom drive under catapps\images.

6. Almost done. We have to now locate the file launcher.conf on your TomTom drive which is located in catapps\ . Open that file in notepad and copy this line to the end of the document

Pipepanic /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/pipepanic.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/pipe -320x240

Save it, exit out, and disconnect your TomTom. That's it.

If you did it right, when you launch the Nano-X program you should see the additional icon of the pipepanic game. Tap on it and enjoy.

Thanks! The problem is, I can't launch it lol. Click on the Nano X icon just exits the Main Menu and sends me back to the nav screen.

Edited for more details: I don't even have the launcher.conf file there. Do I create a new file and call it that?

Last edited:
Thanks! The problem is, I can't launch it lol. Click on the Nano X icon just exits the Main Menu and sends me back to the nav screen.

Edited for more details: I don't even have the launcher.conf file there. Do I create a new file and call it that?

Really?!? Make sure you download the Nano-X 1.3, that is the latest on the site. I know for sure that file is in there, I just installed it a couple of hours ago.

If you want to create the launcher.conf file. Remember this file is located on your TomTom drive so G:\catapps\ for example. Here are the default contents, you can simply paste it in:

# Startup application
#--------------------
$startup /mnt/sdcard/catapps/nanowm

# Background image
#-----------------
$window_background_image /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/wallpaper.bmp
$window_background_mode 0

# Applications
#-------------
Tetris /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/ntetris.ppm /mnt/sdcard/catapps/ntetris
Minesweep /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/nxmine.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/nxmine
Tuxchess /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/tuxchess.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/tuxchess
Slider /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/slider.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/slider /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/slidebmp.bmp
Wclock /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/wclock.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/wclock
Clock /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/nxclock.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/nxclock
Map /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/world.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/world
Cpuload /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/nxloadmon.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/nxloadmon
SoftKeyboard /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/nxkbd.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/nxkbd
Nxeyes /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/nxeyes.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/nxeyes
Nxview /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/nxview.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/nxview /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/photo.bmp
Nxsnake /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/nxsnake.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/nxsnake
Nxscribble /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/nxscribble.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/nxscribble
Nxterm /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/nxterm.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/nxterm
Nsaver /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/nsaver.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/nsaver 13
Nxroach /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/nxroach.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/nxroach
swfplayer /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/swfplayer.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/swfplayer /mnt/sdcard/catapps/jb.swf
Quit /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/exit.gif NULL

yeah, the launcher file isn't in the .rar file. I did d/l 1.3... I'll copy that into the file now.

Just out of curiosity, what do you do to separate lines in the cleanup.txt? e.g. a semicolon or a return?

The reason I asked is say I have Suntime running right now. I wanna run Altitude for example. Altitude said to put "such and such" at the end of the cleanup.txt file.

I already have the daemon | suntime etc etc in there so what's considered the end of the file? I hit enter and add the Altitude stuff and both Suntime and Altitude don't work when I start up my TT.

If each program had its own line only in cleanup.txt, they work. How do I get them both to work?

TIA

Edit: Still can't get it running. Reading the first line, it seems like it's looking for nanowm.. i don't have that file nor do I have /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/wallpaper.bmp

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what do you do to separate lines in the cleanup.txt? e.g. a semicolon or a return?

The reason I asked is say I have Suntime running right now. I wanna run Altitude for example. Altitude said to put "such and such" at the end of the cleanup.txt file.

I already have the daemon | suntime etc etc in there so what's considered the end of the file? I hit enter and add the Altitude stuff and both Suntime and Altitude don't work when I start up my TT.

If each program had its own line only in cleanup.txt, they work. How do I get them both to work?

TIA

I did some testing and found a solution. In the cleanup.txt file, you don't end the line with a ';' or a return, you just add it together so it becomes one line as such:

daemon|opt/bin/altitude|daemon|suntime/suntime|

So whatever comes first, is the order in which you will see the start up messages. So in my case I'll see the elevation in meters message followed by the awakening suntime message.

yeah, the launcher file isn't in the .rar file. I did d/l 1.3... I'll copy that into the file now.

Edit: Still can't get it running. Reading the first line, it seems like it's looking for nanowm.. i don't have that file nor do I have /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/wallpaper.bmp

Really? Maybe you're somehow downloading the wrong thing. Here is the link I know for sure has those files:

http://tomtomheaven.free.fr/zip/nanox1.3.rar

The link I just gave has all the files but you don't have to use the wallpaper in the compressed file. You can just get any 320x240 .bmp file and rename it to wallpaper.bmp and save it in the catapps\images\ on your SD card.

Altitude 3.0

I don't know if you already configured your altitude so it's in English but I'll share it with you anyways.

In the \opt\etc\altitude.ini file is the settings on how the program behaves. There is a line for the language you can use, by default it's FR, you can choose EN for english and IT for Italian. Here is what I mean:

RUN=Oui
SLEEP=30
DISPLAY=4000
PRECISION=10
UNITE=Metres
CORRECTION_GEOIDE=Non
DELTA_ALTITUDE=0
LANGUAGE=EN <-- the EN needs to be capital, I tried 'en' and it didn't work.

Also with the icons for the program, you need to resize them to show properly in the menu. I resized 1 of the 3 set you can choose from in the image directory to 76x48 and it shows perfectly.

I attached the before and after pic to show you what I mean.

Now I need to change the Icon name to english or at least rename them but I don't know how to do that. Any idea?

Attachments

• altitude1.jpg
    altitude1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 328
  • altitude2.jpg
    altitude2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 321
Altitude works fine for me. I haven't had it installed since I don't need it yet.

I'm not at home right now but I will try your link just as a last minute resolution cause that's the exact file name and I only have 2 folders plus "digits.cl" I have no launcher.conf file nor that nanowm file.

Altitude works fine for me. I haven't had it installed since I don't need it yet.

Huh? I'm confused, the program works fine but you didn't install it?

I'm not at home right now but I will try your link just as a last minute resolution cause that's the exact file name and I only have 2 folders plus "digits.cl" I have no launcher.conf file nor that nanowm file.

If you want, I'll attach those files in the next post. It's strange how they are being excluded from your download. I'm guessing maybe if you have an Anti-virus program that they could be stripping those files? (Just a guess).

Huh? I'm confused, the program works fine but you didn't install it?

If you want, I'll attach those files in the next post. It's strange how they are being excluded from your download. I'm guessing maybe if you have an Anti-virus program that they could be stripping those files? (Just a guess).
Yeah you got it right. I have the program and it works fine but I don't have it currently installed because I don't need it yet. That and I had MobilNova which took up quite a bit of space (running on stock SD card).

sure... it's kind of odd that nothing is showing other than the two folders and digits.cl

Edit: I just realised I didn't answer your question regarding the icons. If they're icons, then just use Paint or similar and write it in English then save it.

Last edited:
Edit: n/m I've figured it out haha.. I was mistaken that the French words were part of the image.

ok try this:

open altimetre_on.cap with wordpad. Look for this line

COMMAND|CMD|altitude_on|altimetre_on.bmp|Affiche l'altim?tre|

Change the French bit to English and voil?! I just tried it and it works!

Last edited:
Edit: n/m I've figured it out haha.. I was mistaken that the French words were part of the image.

ok try this:

open altimetre_on.cap with wordpad. Look for this line

COMMAND|CMD|altitude_on|altimetre_on.bmp|Affiche l'altim?tre|

Change the French bit to English and voil?! I just tried it and it works!

Sweet, that did it. Thanks a bunch. Now I know how to change or rename all those custom app icons.

So were you able to dl the file from the link I posted? That should have everything you need. All you have to do really is copy those folders to your SD card.
yeah I did. It has identical contents to the one I d/led from the website >.<

Seriously.. how can it be different? This is what I have

Two folders - catapps and SDKRegistry

SDKRegistry contains nanox.cap and x.bmp

catapps contains digits.cl and two folders - data and images

data contains city.list, full.list, earth.jpg

images contains all the images in gif + ntetris.ppm

No launcher in sight

yeah I did. It has identical contents to the one I d/led from the website >.<

Seriously.. how can it be different? This is what I have

Two folders - catapps and SDKRegistry

SDKRegistry contains nanox.cap and x.bmp

catapps contains digits.cl and two folders - data and images

data contains city.list, full.list, earth.jpg

images contains all the images in gif + ntetris.ppm

No launcher in sight

What the??? I don't know why you are missing files.

Eveything you said looks good exceot the contents of catapps. There should be 32 files and 2 folders. You have the two folders but missing so many files.

I don't know how its possible that we're downloading from the same link but getting different files :confused:

What are you using the extract the .rar file? I have WinRar 3.61 installed.

I'll walk you exactly what I'm doing when I dl the nano-x program.

1. I go to the site and dl the .rar file straight to my desktop

2. On my desktop now, I right click the nanox1.3.rar and choose the option 'extract to nanox1.3\'.

3. This should create the folder nanox1.3 on your desktop with all of its contents.

Nano-X an Go 910....is their a way to reformat the screen so it fits properly on a TT910?

Also if you don't have winrar to unzip try 7-zip...its free and works well.

What are you using the extract the .rar file? I have WinRar 3.61 installed.

I'll walk you exactly what I'm doing when I dl the nano-x program.

1. I go to the site and dl the .rar file straight to my desktop

2. On my desktop now, I right click the nanox1.3.rar and choose the option 'extract to nanox1.3\'.

3. This should create the folder nanox1.3 on your desktop with all of its contents.
WinAce.

You know? Would it be easier if you just zipped the missing files? It's obvious something on my computer isn't letting me unzip everything or somehow, I'm getting the incomplete file.

Here's what should be in the extracted folder...

[Path][Folder name][File name][Extension][Size]
C:\nanox1.3\catapps0 Byte
C:\nanox1.3\LisezMoi.txttxt2.32 KB
C:\nanox1.3\SDKRegistry0 Byte
C:\nanox1.3\catapps\data0 Byte
C:\nanox1.3\catapps\digits.clcl40.60 KB
C:\nanox1.3\catapps\images0 Byte
C:\nanox1.3\catapps\jb.swfswf174.88 KB
C:\nanox1.3\catapps\launcher54.91 KB
C:\nanox1.3\catapps\launcher.confconf1.65 KB

C:\nanox1.3\catapps\letters.clcl126.10 KB
C:\nanox1.3\catapps\libstdc++.so.555713.84 KB