Itinerary planning help

I am going on a trip and want to do different stops along the way. I want to do all the planning in advance. Can I do it via tomtom home and if so what are the steps and what are my limitations. I have a TT910.

Thanks

Bob

Last edited:
You can also just save each destination as a Favorite or as a POI (my preference). Then each day, you just navigate to the next one on your list.

Yes, you use virtual tomtom to create your itenrary. I also suggest to save the itinerary.

I've been playing a bit, man this is cumbersome. It would be nice if they had some sort of planning mode with a full screen map and controls.

Route Optimization

I am going on a trip and want to do different stops along the way. I want to do all the planning in advance. Can I do it via tomtom home and if so what are the steps and what are my limitations. I have a TT910.

Thanks

Bob

I think the TT can and should do this out of the box.

Here's my note to TT support:

I?ve owned my TT 920-T for a few days now & I?m very, very happy with it. After reading all of the docs, trying all of the features & searching tomtomforums.com, I?ve found what appears to be a ?missing feature? or a feature that this device should have, but doesn?t: Route Optimization.

I would like to enter an Itinerary & have my TT plan the best route, from one stop to the next. I think you have all of the data & processing power you need, you just need to write the code.

An added bonus would be an ?avoid left hand turns? (in countries that drive on the right side of the road) option ? avoiding left hand turns (crossing traffic, basically) has saved UPS & Fedex millions of dollars annually by saving on fuel wasted while waiting for traffic to clear enough to cross over.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Franko

If you want this feature, then please write TomTom - if they get one letter, then it's an anomoly. If they get a large number of requests, then you get the sales side involved, which pushes the developers - I used to work for a software developer...

Franko

Ask a Question