Itinerary and WayPoints with Go 930

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 930
Hi
Going to Florida from Canada via Interstate highway 81. I made a single itinerary with WayPoints to various cities along the 81 always indicating 81SB (South bound). It works ok up to and including Hagerstown (9 WayPoints altogether). When I try to add a new WayPoint to the itinerary, say Harrisonburg VA, then indicating as usual 81SB, the GO freezes completely for about 15 seconds, shutdown then reboot automatically with the TomTom warning screen the same as when you boot for the first time. Everything is in there up to Hagerstown. I tried a hard reset with no success. Any idea on what could be wrong? Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA

Jondolar

Hi
When I try to add a new WayPoint to the itinerary, say Harrisonburg VA, then indicating as usual 81SB, the GO freezes completely for about 15 seconds, shutdown then reboot automatically with the TomTom warning screen the same as when you boot for the first time. Everything is in there up to Hagerstown.

Make a search for Harrisonburg and you will find an extensive thread about that problem.

Make a search for Harrisonburg and you will find an extensive thread about that problem.

I did and your last post......'I did notice an odd behaviour which could be the same as the freezing of your 720.
Any time after I entered cross roads, and I did that a few times, I could not enter a new cross roads pair without closing down HOME first. Only the previous cross roads displayed and no typed input was accepted.'

this is close what is happening to me. is there a solution or is this a genuine bug? What do you mean by ....'Closing down home first'?

TIA

jondolar

this is close what is happening to me. is there a solution or is this a genuine bug?

I think there is as I had to re-install my NA map after the first freeze up.

What do you mean by ....'Closing down home first'?

Sorry, wrong expression. Click on done, then Operate my GO and start over again.

Because of remote control phone book problems I reverted to the OS 8.302 and I get the very same thing now anywhere if I use A .. B through HOME. Never tried it on the device only.

Hi

What is an NA map, where do I get it and what is the procedure for reinstalling?

TIA
Jondolar

NA is the North American map, as for your little issue with planning a route have you considered planning the waypoints and saving them in to a Custom POI file, you can have them numbered in sequence and call each one up as the trip progresses.

Have a look at using Tyre with Google Earth to create the POI file without going anywhere near the Home software, for more information and the download for Tyre click Here - Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for the suggestion. I do not want to have to recall new POI. I simply want the GO to display the road as I progress through the Way Points. Thanks anyway.

Jondolar

Thanks for the suggestion. I do not want to have to recall new POI. I simply want the GO to display the road as I progress through the Way Points. Thanks anyway.
Just got back in and see Mike gave you the explanation.

It is always suggested to make a Windows Explorer back up of your device to a folder on your computer, not back up with TomTom HOME. HOME over writes a previous back up and If your device had a corrupted file, that will be the one which replaced your good one.
From a back up before a map or software upgrade, the correct map can always be restored.

The main reason why I suggested to read the full thread is that you will have see that I explained that I feel a custom POI category for that trip is far superior to an itinerary.
In that thread references was also made to different software available for making itineraries.

Last edited:

Ask a Question