Itinerarie planning on 130 impossible?

I see a lot of talk about adding itinerary planning to the 3rd editions but I have a 130. I tried to do the custom menu thing but now when I tap the Itinerary planning button it freezes up and reboots. Is it impossible to do on the 130. This is my first gps but I never thought to make sure it came with this feature as I can't belive one wouldn't. Why would you make a gps that can only go from point a to point b.

I see a lot of talk about adding itinerary planning to the 3rd editions but I have a 130. I tried to do the custom menu thing but now when I tap the Itinerary planning button it freezes up and reboots. Is it impossible to do on the 130. This is my first gps but I never thought to make sure it came with this feature as I can't belive one wouldn't. Why would you make a gps that can only go from point a to point b.

If you updated the firmware to Navcore 8, that release broke the functionality of the custom menu option of Itinerary Planning on various devices.

When I went to the tomtom software the first time I did all the updates. If this broke it can I go back to an old version. The tomtom shows App 7.522. If it can't get itinerary planning I think this is the worst money I have spent in a long time. It is impossible to get the route I want from lafayette to houston.

Last edited:
When I went to the tomtom software the first time I did all the updates. If this broke it can I go back to an old version. The tomtom shows App 7.522. If it can't get itinerary planning I think this is the worst money I have spent in a long time. It is impossible to get the route I want from lafayette to houston.

I Know it can be frustrating to get your first GPS going the way you would like. If you are interested here is a site that works well with Google maps and Tom Tom. I personally prefer using Google maps to make my Itinerary routes with because with the Google maps you can ask it to take you from point (a) to point (B) and if you would like to take a different Hwy or make some changes to the route all you need to do is click on the route with your mouse and drag it to the route you want. Once you have your route the way you want it then zoom in start & finish points and just move them a few yards (you can move them back if you like) then save the file in this program
http://www.houghi.org/tomtom/
And it will make it a Tom-Tom Itinerary file that you can then save in you unit's Itinerary folder.

I find this much easier than trying to use my TT to make Itinerarys.

Well the Houghi site that 'GarCor' suggests won't work as long as Itinerary planning isn't working on your TT-130. First 'p89cajun' needs to get itinerary planning working. If you have a backup -- and want to have itinerary planning -- I would suggest you try restoring your TT-130 to the older firmware and see if the custom menu will work for you.

I have a 3rd edition with the older firmware (7.166) and have the added 'custom menu'. I use Houghi's website quite often myself. For this reason, I'm not planning on updating the firmware anytime soon.

Hope this helps.

Well the Houghi site that 'GarCor' suggests won't work as long as Itinerary planning isn't working on your TT-130. First 'p89cajun' needs to get itinerary planning working. If you have a backup -- and want to have itinerary planning -- I would suggest you try restoring your TT-130 to the older firmware and see if the custom menu will work for you.

I have a 3rd edition with the older firmware (7.166) and have the added 'custom menu'. I use Houghi's website quite often myself. For this reason, I'm not planning on updating the firmware anytime soon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Rick !! I kind of got carried away , not knowing very much about the TT-130 as I have the TT 920

But I do find the Houghi site with Google Maps much easier than trying to do itinerary planning on my TT.

I have also tried the Tyre program but don't like it quite as well as Houghi but that could be just because I have used Houghi more.

The funnny thing is that when I save the Houghi file it saves as a Tyre file :)

<snip>
But I do find the Houghi site with Google Maps much easier than trying to do itinerary planning on my TT.

I have also tried the Tyre program but don't like it quite as well as Houghi but that could be just because I have used Houghi more.

The funny thing is that when I save the Houghi file it saves as a Tyre file :)

I agree! I have Tyre (Trace Your Route Anywhere) too, but prefer Houghi's site. For some reason when I use Tyre, the route doesn't always come out just right... even when using lots of waypoints. I've even ended up being routed on some dirt roads. :eek:

When you save an 'itn' file to your computer, Tyre is the only program that recognizes that extender and that's why it opens with it. When I want to just view an 'itn' made with Houghi, I 'right-click' on the file, then select 'open with' and specify note pad.

I'm in the same boat -- got a ONE 130 as a gift, would really like to be able to use itineraries on it for motorcycle rides, etc.

Anyone know if the older software will work on the 130?

--mark

Ask a Question