Issues Upgrading Maps - 730

Hi all,

Sorry to make my 1st post a moan. I've been using TomTom for a while - from the PDA version 2/3 to the TomTom Go 500.

Today I bought a 730 and part of being a new user is that I can download the latest maps for free within 30 days.

Well, I upgraded the TomTom software then went to download the maps - Western & Central Europe 2GB (1774MB - version 825.2157) - it gets to 100% downloaded then tries installing it.
It returns an error that the file is invalid/corrupted.

I have downloaded it 3 times now - even specified a different drive to download it to - each time it fails. If I open the file in WinRar and try extracting it, it gets to around 70% then reports a corrupt archive (crpoi.dat) but continues with the extraction.

I've enabled anonymous fault logging - but has anyone else managed to get this working?

James

Here's the log:

ERROR: 2152398862/#http://download.tomtom.com/825hc/We...iTT22tfn/QAZT77YXvwYp8zX2VIZLCdbrd/3rh9Zd0o=: Error from server: The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
Error code: 2152398862 (NS_ERROR_NET_TIMEOUT)
URL: http://download.tomtom.com/825hc/We...YiTT22tfn/QAZT77YXvwYp8zX2VIZLCdbrd/3rh9Zd0o=
Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:77
return new ServerError(message, status, uri);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:112
return NetUtil.exceptionForStatusCode(aStatus, aChannel.URI.spec);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:361
exception = NetUtil.isRequestSuccess(this._channel, aStatus);

Time: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 21:25:12 GMT

I tried it again - same issue. My network connection has not dropped - which is what that error implies...

Your issue is likely a corrupted crpoi.dat file in the download. Reported by lots of users. The correct .dat file is available via a link in this thread. Be sure to use the one for the map version you actually downloaded, as there are two different ones.

Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras Forums-viewtopic-v825 map failure update

Awesome - thanks! Interesting though - i'm with O2 Broadband... but I also work for O2 Broadband. Will speak to some of the network people tomorrow about the pre-caching issue.

Hi all,

Sorry to make my 1st post a moan. I've been using TomTom for a while - from the PDA version 2/3 to the TomTom Go 500.

Today I bought a 730 and part of being a new user is that I can download the latest maps for free within 30 days.

Well, I upgraded the TomTom software then went to download the maps - Western & Central Europe 2GB (1774MB - version 825.2157) - it gets to 100% downloaded then tries installing it.
It returns an error that the file is invalid/corrupted.

I have downloaded it 3 times now - even specified a different drive to download it to - each time it fails. If I open the file in WinRar and try extracting it, it gets to around 70% then reports a corrupt archive (crpoi.dat) but continues with the extraction.

I've enabled anonymous fault logging - but has anyone else managed to get this working?

James

do two things first. First go to the tom tom folder and right click on properties. Then go the tool tab. then to the error correction choice. Put checkes into both boxes and run the error correction program. Secondly and most importantly DO NOT DOWNLOAD WIRELESSLY Make sure it you use a wired computer for the downloads. Tom tom tech support says that you do it wirellessly but I know as a fact when you compare the number of bites that you actually download is always less with the wireless compute. Close but not good enough. Use a wired comjputer for mapdownloads. Good luck

In this case the likely failure was due to a bad file in the TT update and not an incomplete download. But it is good advice to hardwire your connection (if possible/convenient) when doing large downloads.

Ask a Question