Issues/problems with install of map 935

There is a really old Tomtom ONE that accepts up to 2gb SD cards. If it has a slot, 2gb is the largest that a ONE model supports.

Thank you. The model is a Tom Tom Go version 1, but seems to be an old device. If 2GB is the largest sd card that it will support then I'll have to try and find one.
You have been very helpful.
Regards

Yes - the problem is that your TomTom is old enough that its firmware cannot be brought up to a level that will manage SDHC cards, so you're stuck with the older (and now, harder to obtain) straight SD cards.

The version on the screen is 6.560.
What happens when you tap on the 6.560 ?

My device is an older one and has a plain sd card as you suggest.
This get s a little more complicated and that is why we need the exact specification of your device.
Your device may not recognise an SDHC, but only a plain SD card.

What happens when you tap on the 6.560 ?

This get s a little more complicated and that is why we need the exact specification of your device.
Your device may not recognise an SDHC, but only a plain SD card.
Tapping on the white box gives.
Device AK5AE DJMUN
app 6.560 OS:1713
29MB RAC free 1.1MB
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.05
Map Great Britain Map v605.0
Language English UK
thank you.

Strange? problem. I have an XXL 540 M. I just updated to map 935.5811. After installing through TomTom HOME I am now getting a notification that I have a map update available but it is version 870.3420. I also get the notification for a map share update but when I try to download it i get the following error message:

Error writing file : F:\USA_Canada_and_Mexico\MapServerPatch.dat

My device seems to be functioning properly but if I can't load MapShare updates that's an issue. Any ideas what I should do?

Having the old map suggested is a known bug by Home that will have to be ignored, but not being able to write a Mapshare file to your device isn't.

Please advise what your PC reports for available space on your 540 as it stands now.

After a little looking I do believe that my device memory if full and I've deleted everything I can to free space.

Is it possible to download a "smaller" map? There is one available through HOME that is US only that would suit my needs that is about 100MB smaller. Will my lifetime map updates still cover that if I purchase the smaller map? Not being able to keep the maps up to date kind of renders the device obsolete. After reading mixed reviews of newer TomTom units I really don't want to buy a new one if I don't have to..

canderson said:
Please advise what your PC reports for available space on your 540 as it stands now.
After a little looking I do believe that my device memory if full and I've deleted everything I can to free space.
You said that the current map v935 is installed but that you cannot download MapShares.
Now that you made some space, have you tried again?

Is it possible to download a "smaller" map? There is one available through HOME that is US only that would suit my needs that is about 100MB smaller. Will my lifetime map updates still cover that if I purchase the smaller map? Not being able to keep the maps up to date kind of renders the device obsolete.
But you were able to update to the current map.
Downloading the smaller USA map should automatically replace your USA_Canada_and_Mexico map.
You should not have to purchase that smaller map.
Your lifetime map updates should remain but, to be absolutely certain, call Customer support:

Screen027.png

even with everything that I can delete to free space and still have a functioning unit gone the new map fills the memory. My only option for this unit seems to be a smaller map that will allow me to continue getting MapShare update.

Having read very mixed reviews on the new GO models and their functionality I'm a bit leery to upgrade to one of those.

The map keeps growing. It may be that you have reached the point where you will need to run a 'zoned' map. Other 540 users have already reached this point as well. TomTom has split North America into zones where you load half at a time depending upon where you need to be. It may be necessary to have tech support set that up for you using the number provided above.

Called customer support at TomTom and was told that if/when a zoned map was needed it would be offered as an update and in the meant time to try to free up space on the unit. Whole lotta help there. Maybe it's just time to upgrade after all the unit is 4 years old and that's ancient in electronic terms. Unfortunately I've seen very mixed reviews on the GO series. I really like the functionality of the 540 particularly POI warnings and Itinerary planning. Are the newer models capable of that?

Thanks for the help

The new Go 50/60/500/600 models do have itinerary planning but, so far, no custom poi files or warnings.

Hi guys. I haven't been on the forum for some time. Today I updated my TomTom with latest map share changes, speed cameras, etc. I have map v935.5811. Home is offering me map 905! Something weird I think. I searched the forum for map 905 being offered and there were no hits.

I'm sure I need to ignore this map 905, but does anyone know what this is about?

Thanks.

Ask a Question