Issues/problems with install of map 935

I have xxl. I tried updating and receive not enough memory. I deleted the french language file and tried again. I received a write error message. Retried updating and was offered 880 also so I tried that. That did not work. I tried to restore but it said no backups found.

Last edited:
I have xxl. I tried updating and receive not enough memory. I deleted the french language file and tried again. I received a write error message. Retried updating and was offered 880 also so I tried that. That did not work. I tried to restore but it said no backups found.

I can maybe help having just gone through this but I am at work and don't have Home loaded so bear with me as this is from memory.

Open Home and connect your XXL. When all is settled you go under the second tab and find "load from my computer". There you will see your map (935, it has downloaded and is saved so you don't have to wait for that long download again), tell it to install on your device and it will offer to delete various files (don't worry, it will save them for later reinstall), agree to this and then proceed with install. It will go fine then. You can go back and reinstall some of those "deleted " files if you want after the map is in.

If this isn't good enough, let me know and I will post again tonight when I am in front of my computer

PS select more infor to ensure teh map you are installing is teh latest.

thanks, I tried what you said . Says it cannot delete USA_Canada_Mexico.pna

Tried your method again some hours later and was successful.

Last edited:
thanks, I tried what you said . Says it cannot delete USA_Canada_Mexico.pna

Tried your method again some hours later and was successful.
Great! Was going to suggest you delete the old manually but alls well that ends well.

I have a XXL540TM that does not have enough space for the new map. I followed the directions posted by Mike Mercer with no success. I did succeed in getting the old map deleted but he new map still will not install and now I can't re-install the old map 930. I still get the message not enough space. I have deleted just about everything that I can. I had the same issue with map 930 and was able to delete unused voices to install the map. I'm now in the situation where I can' re-install the old map. I need some help. I'm uploading a screen shot that shows what is on the device now.
tomtom.png

You might want to call CS and ask that a zoned map be assigned to your account:

United States
866 486 6866
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EDT
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT

It looks like there is a map still on the device given the free space of only 24.5MB although it isn't showing which means that Home doesn't see it and therefore can't delete it. Maybe shut down Home and delete the map manually through explorer on the computer and then install thenew map through Home. I'll caveat this with I am just guessing so maybe one of the mods has a better idea

It looks like there is a map still on the device given the free space of only 24.5MB although it isn't showing which means that Home doesn't see it and therefore can't delete it. Maybe shut down Home and delete the map manually through explorer on the computer.
Yes, it shows 1861.2 MB installed on device.
But, I would suggest instead of deleting to move it into a folder on the computer.

Arno has a good point and you should cut and paste onto the desktop of your computer in case you need it later although you should already have a copy in your Tom Tom folder in My Documents. Regardless, close Home and the click on My Computer, click on Tom Tom and look for the USA_Canada_Mexico folder. Right click and look at properties to makse sure it is the right folder, should be around1500-1600 MBs, then cut and paste to desktop or if you already have a copy in your Tom Tom folder delete it. Go back and open Home and see how much free space you now have and try and install from the "Install from my computer" tab.

Arno has a good point and you should cut and paste onto the desktop of your computer in case you need it later although you should already have a copy in your Tom Tom folder in My Documents. Regardless, close Home and the click on My Computer, click on Tom Tom and look for the USA_Canada_Mexico folder. Right click and look at properties to makse sure it is the right folder, should be around1500-1600 MBs, then cut and paste to desktop or if you already have a copy in your Tom Tom folder delete it. Go back and open Home and see how much free space you now have and try and install from the "Install from my computer" tab.

Thanks I did find the correct folder and am copying right now, albeit slowly.

Sorry to reply here but I am new to the forum and I cant see how to start a new post.
I want to ask what size of sim card I can put into a TomTom One version 1 to replace the 119Mb card already installed. I need to install a map of the USA which is too large for the existing sim card

Welcome to TTF.

That model does NOT come with a SD card or slot for one. you may be confusing the free space left for what you think is a sd card. That model has 1 gb storage.

Connect to Home-->Purchase maps-->select your model and USA. See what, if anything, is offered.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I have misquoted the device it is a TomTom Go version one. There is a sd card slotted into the base which seems to be 119Mb. I would like to upgrade this card to a larger one so I could install a larger size map of the USA , the existing map is of the UK . Or to preferably install both maps. Could you please tell me if my TomTom will accept a 6Gb sd card, if so which type? The application version is 7.914 and I am looking at installing a map type 935.5744.
I would be very grateful for your assistance.
Regards

Welcome to TTF.

That model does NOT come with a SD card or slot for one. you may be confusing the free space left for what you think is a sd card. That model has 1 gb storage.

Connect to Home-->Purchase maps-->select your model and USA. See what, if anything, is offered.

Can you switch on your GO, tap at the RH bottom, then tap on the version 9.510 (example) and tell us what you see on the black/white screen that comes up.

Different GO models had different storage space.
Most of the newer models use MicroSD cards capable of very large capacities. Some of the older models used a plain SD card, not MicroSD, and I believe they are available up to 4 GB. There may be larger ones for photo buffs but they will come at a large premium.

Ah, didn't read your last sentence but we still need the info.
On most GO devices, to install a 935 map you will have to connect to HOME and upgrade the OS to 9.510.
This maybe a multi step upgrade.

dhn will probably give you more details after you supplied the information.

Thank you again for your promptness.
The version on the screen is 6.560.
My device is an older one and has a plain sd card as you suggest. Looking on Amazon they seem to start at 6Gb size. Will there be any compatibility issues with the different types of plain sd cards?
Thank you. Regards

Ask a Question