Issue with TomTom Home v 2.3.1.92

Ever since TomTom Home updated I have not received any quick fixes or map share info. Have other expereinced this as well?

I use to receive these on a daily basis.

Ever since TomTom Home updated I have not received any quick fixes or map share info. Have other expereinced this as well?

I use to receive these on a daily basis.

I had tomtom remove map share corrections (using tomtom home) and then I went to tomtom home and copied the "quickGPSFix" data backup I had on my computers HD (found under the add maps section, keep hitting next button and there is an option 'from my computer') to my tomtom device (I had 23 backed up but did not matter which one I chose; you only need one), then I rechecked mapshare corrections option and once tomtom home updated device, it did download new gps data and mapshare corrections. - Has worked for me every time.

I want my GPS fix updates too!

:eek: Wow! That sounds like a PITA workaround, and really shouldn't be up to us the consumer to do.

I haven't had my GPS fix since 2.3 either and Mapshare, I'm not so concerned with, but my XLS seems to take longer than it used to finding sats on startup, and it loses the signal more frequently on the road. It never had trouble before I lost my GPS quick fix updates. :mad:

Haven't seen a gps fix from home for a couple of weeks. getting mapshare updates though.

Here's a way to get the gps fix without using home............

go to

http://home.tomtom.com/download/Ephemeris.cab?type=ephemeris&eeProvider=globalLocate&devicecode=XXXXXXXXXX"

replace the XXX's with your device code....

and download the file. it's a windows cabinet file so you need a file manager that can extract from a .cab file. I use total commander. http://www.ghisler.com/

copy the files into your ephem folder on the tomtom. it's located inside your map folder. you now have the latest gps fix.

Last edited:
can't take credit for that tip. the link was posted here some time ago by another user. I saved it and it's very handy indeed! :D

I posted a question to TomTom support and received the following reply:

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support. My name is Shellie and it is my goal to provide you with an exceptional customer experience.

We apologize that you are not receiving updates through TomTom HOME. We recommend that you try the following FAQ:

www.tomtom.com/7399

If you have any further questions or comments, please e-mail or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Shellie and The TomTom Customer Support Team

Here is some of the text from the link:

Question
When installing the QuickGPSfix through HOME I receive an error. Is there a solution?

Answer
When performing the QuickGPSfix through HOME, some problems may occur if this directory does not exist, or if the directory has been corrupted. To resolve this issue, take the following steps.

1. With your TomTom device connected to your computer, go to My Computer and double-click your TomTom device (device will be listed under Devices with Removable Storage).

* For Mac users, the device will mounted on the Desktop.

2. Look for a folder called ephem.

2a. If the folder does not exist, create a new folder (File > New > Folder or File > New Folder ) in this location and name it "ephem". Retry the QuickGPSfix through HOME.

Ask a Question