Is Tripmaster v1.8a working well on the new TT1 V3?

TomTom Model(s)
TT1, 3rd Edition, v7.161
Has anyone tried installing Tripmaster v1.8a on the new TomTom One 3rd Edition with a v7.161 OS? I would like to hear your experience. Thank you.

Has anyone tried installing Tripmaster v1.8a on the new TomTom One 3rd Edition with a v7.161 OS? I would like to hear your experience. Thank you.

I uograded my v2 to 7.161 earlier this week and Tripmaster no longer appears correctly.

Tripmaster starts up and appears to be doing things, but the display is mangled and renders it unusable.

EDIT: I checked my TM version and it's 1.7 -- so, I don't know if 1.8a will be fine. Now I need to try that.

Last edited:
Tripmaster Version 1.8a works with 7.161 you need to edit the config.txt file

change the line screenadaptation none to screenadaptation rider2

I find it does not respond as fast with the new version of the tomtom OS

The Tripmaster screen is now all messed up on my Tomtom One second edition since the upgrade. I adjusted the config.txt file previously to "rider 2" but it must need another adjustment now. I haven't been able to see if there is any update of Tripmaster to accommodate the latest version. Is there a way to get back to the older version?
Help...

Last edited:
I have just downloaded and installed Tripmaster v1.8a. After doing the change to the config file, it appears to work fine. I did a test drive and it didn't appear to be lagging (TT1 v2).

I set it display altitude, and if you return to the main navigation screen, it will periodically flash your altitude in the top right corner every 60 seconds (I'm trying to figure out if this can be adjusted - Yes you can. Just lower the number from 30 to say, 5 or 10).

Accuracy when you are not moving is not so good.

If you are trying to change some of the setup values, the keyboard screen comes up garbled. Solution: put the values in the config file using Notepad.

Last edited:
It's a little choppy on mine and occasionally after being hidden for awhile when I bring it it back up and close it, it hangs.

Otherwise it works ok.

where do you get trip master from?i did a search and didnt find a site.thanx
dave

Search for my Suntime thread in these forums - titled Day/Night Colors. There are developer links there. Suntime and Tripmaster are on the same site.

I'm also using Tripmaster on a TT ONE 3rd ED and it's fine after you edit the "screenadaptation" parameter to "rider2" in a text editor.

thanx for the link sparky,i downloaded the file but i dont understand how to install it,where do you install the unzipped files to?thanx for the info
dave

thanx for the link sparky,i downloaded the file but i dont understand how to install it,where do you install the unzipped files to?thanx for the info
dave

That's tricky because there's only one way as far as I know.

You put the downloaded unzipped tripmaster folder in the TomTom Home folder designated for downloads.

Then from within TomTom Home, you do the install. I'm being vague on purpose because I use both TT Home 2.1 in Windows and TT Home 1.6 in Mac and they are very different.

After it's installed, you'll find some new stuff in your sdkdirectory and in a new tripmaster directory.

dave

Also scroll all the way to the bottom of the download page and the developer posted detailed installation instructions.

Ask a Question