Is there a way to set directions into your GPS?

What do you mean by bad directions? What option did you check? Fastest? Shortest? etc.

Once it plans a route, you can select the 'choose alternate' option or you can use itinerary planning where you set the points you wish the route to travel through.

A third party program, TYRE works in conjunction with google maps to set an itinerary you can send directly to the tt unit.

An excellent explananation of the program and a link to it is provided by a member here, Birdman.

The link is here

Well, I want other alternate routes and it doesn't show, what are the commands for that? Or to get the "Fastest" / "shortest" direction? I cannot find it, thanks.

DHN thanks so much for TYRE, works great. BIG SCORE IN MY BOOK.

old -Man If you like TYRE you might also like another program that works directly with the google interface where you can darg and drop your route rather than putting in waypoints.

Just set your route in Google maps click on link in top right hand side of GM and copy link in the empty box on this page here

Click on submit query and it will create an ITN file that you can save to your folder that you use with TYRE, you can then open it with TYRE if you like aswell.

The reason I prefere this program is that you just put in you start and finish points then just click on the route with your mouse and drag it where you want.

I am not knocking Tyre as I think it is great as well.

Here is another program that I find handy for marking Favorete for you TT.

link

you can do this with Google maps as well if you know the name of the business you want as a fav.

But if you just want to marl a Long/Lat to fav Mappiner worhs great.

Last edited:
Well, I want other alternate routes and it doesn't show, what are the commands for that? Or to get the "Fastest" / "shortest" direction? I cannot find it, thanks.

Preferences-->Planning Preferences (page 6) if you have all menu items showing.

In your Preferences/planning preferences you can chose how you want your unit to route including ask me evert time. You can also turn I/Q routing on/off on the page.

dump23413.JPG

I see lightning fingers beat me to it again LOL ,,, way to go dhn

Last edited:
Regarding Tyre and Google maps. Can you let Google pick the route and then convert that to a TT itinerary, or do you have to plot the route yourself?

Regarding Tyre and Google maps. Can you let Google pick the route and then convert that to a TT itinerary, or do you have to plot the route yourself?

If you use Houghi and save the file in your Tyre folder it will show as a Tyre and can be oppned and viewed in Tyre.

Ask a Question