Is there a way to leave the map on, but turn off navigastion?

Is there a way to leave the map on, but turn off navigation?

What I mean is, can I just turn on my TomTom GO 510 without having it point me to a specific location so I can just follow along the map on the display? My 3 year old loves maps and like to watch and follow the display while we are driving, but if I leave it on my last destination (let say, home) and we are going to a store or somewhere, it keeps telling me to turn around and popping up the directions and so on. Thanks!

Last edited:
What I mean is, can I just turn on my TomTom GO 510 without having it point me to a specific location so I can just follow along the map on the display? My 3 year old loves maps and like to watch and follow the display while we are driving, but if I leave it on my last destination (let say, home) and we are going to a store or somewhere, it keeps telling me to turn around and popping up the directions and so on. Thanks!

Go into the menu. I think it's page 3 where you'll see "Clear Route". That will do the trick.

If you don't see that option go to Main Menu | Change Preferences | Show more options

Now in the Main Menu, you should see the Clear Route option on the third page.

Ask a Question