IS RDS work in USA? That page say no

Anyone experienced it, dose it work well, how much it cost a year?

I specifically asked TomTom Support that question, and they said I don't have to do anything, it will just work. This is in fact how my Garmin worked, so their claim seemed reasonable.

And yes, the tuning defauls to automatic.

When I was using a Garmin, I had to do a lot of fiddling with the antenna position, and it still didn't work that well (in the NY area), though a replacement receiver they sent me seemed to work better than the original.

Baesd on my experience with my Garmin, ClearChannel's maps grossly overstate their coverage. I have yet to get a signal with the antenna and GPS unit in my van. On the driveway, holding the GPS up in the air, with the TMC receiver dangling below, yes, but not in the van.

Given the known problems in my area, I may be taking TomTom Traffic for a spin to see how it does.

RDS in Birmingham, AL works well

I have a Toyota Tundra and ran the antennae down the left side drivers post and pushed it into the rubber gasket so that it is concealed. I runs across the bottom of the dash to the middle of the windshield to the TT920T. It WOULD NOT work at all until 7.48 and then it started working perfectly. I had called TT support and they had been patient, tried several things but ultimately convinced me that there was no traffic data being transmitted. As soon as I installed the 7.48 operating system it began to work. Before it would always give the ?green circle? showing that it had found a ?Clear Channel? radio station but that was all it would do. Now, once I put a route in, it will show a checkered destination flag at the top of the vertical traffic bar (on RHS of screen). If I tap on it will go to the traffic menu and read the traffic repot aloud (if this option is chosen) and report traffic if any or say ?No traffic in on your route?. Before 7.48 I got nothing. It does report road work and traffic accurately but I haven had the opportunity to test the ?rerouting?. On a separate note, I notice with 7.48/1 when I tap at the LHS to have next driving instruction spoken, TT says YARDS instead of MILES as shown. I can live wit that now that traffic works. Also TT Home says it doesn?t recognize my device and will not let me ?Operate Go? but will let me download GPSFix and map updates (says map update server has been down for last couple of days.

Here in the Baltimore area, it works about as good as the TomTom does.

Which is to mean - not very well.

It will certainly connect, and if you select auto tune, it will find a traffic station. And if you are (for instance) traveling on 695 it will show traffic. Course each day it has shown 1 minute - delay is anywhere from 20 minutes to 40 minutes. Other times I have seen it show 2 hour delay and the delay simply does not exist - neither on the driving route, nor if you call a friend and ask them to check traffic online.

I couldn't with a clear conscious recommend getting it.

Ask a Question