Is RDS-TMC traffic down? -

I purchased an XL 350 TM about 3 weeks ago. I live in an area with good RDS-TMC coverage (Albany, NY) and traffic information worked fine for the first two weeks. I'd get a green ball indicating that the TT was receiving traffic information almost as soon as I turned the it on. A couple of days ago, I noticed that the green ball had been replaced with an icon of a car with something flying over it. The TT is still saying that it is connected to the RDC-TMC receiver. Yesterday, I traveled to the New York City area (also has good RDS-TMC coverage) and the icon didn't change. Still no green ball.

Is there a general RDS-TMC issue, or should I return the TT?

The green ball in newer applications has been replaced with the car image you described.

As long as you don't just get a ball type thing half way up the right side of the screen just continuing to search for a signal and as long as you do get the vertical bar, you should be ok.

But, I had been getting the green ball, and now I'm getting the other icon. I'm also not getting any traffic information, where I was before. There is a construction zone that I pass through on my commute that was showing up before. Nothing else has changed (I had upgraded to the latest firmware as soon as I opened the box).

I went out this morning and after about 3 minutes, the green ball showed up again. So it's working, at least today.

I really don't like it that I couldn't trouble shoot this thing by looking at which station it's tuned to or by changing the station.

I guess I'll take the 350 back and get a 340.

I got a refund of payment for my RDS-TMC subscription that I tried to renew - with failure after trying everything they told me to.

I asked them if I could re-buy it and try to install it one more time - but they told me they were having huge issues with it and that it won't be working anytime soon (re-subscribing, I guess...)

Complete fail from TomTom.

Ask a Question