Is MapShare worthwhile?

Discussion in 'Maps and Routing' started by cputrdoc, Aug 12, 2008.

?

Is it worthwhile to submit map corrections?

Poll closed Aug 26, 2008.
  1. [b]No:[/b] Utter waste of time; none of my MapShare corrections will ever get into mainstream.

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. [b]Yes:[/b] I make corrections for my own use, and if I can share some, all the better.

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  3. [b]Yes:[/b] TomTom won't know what corrections are the most important unless we all submit.

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. [b]Of course it is:[/b] Every one of my MapShare updates has been accepted, hasn't yours?

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. [b][i]What the heck is MapShare?[/i][/b]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. [b]Um, get a life?[/b] I don't care, and I can't believe someone actually made this poll.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. cputrdoc

cputrdoc

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 920T
    All depends on how much on-device testing has to occur before a map correction is published vs. how much testing Google does when they incorporate map changes.

cputrdoc, Nov 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. cputrdoc

Buddharay

TomTom Model(s):
    720, 330S
    Yeah - remember, this is all a work in progress. The partnerships between the Tele Atlas/TomTom/Google are relatively new, as in the past six months we've seen the TomTom purchase Tele Atlas, Tele Atlas announce they're utilizing user-submitted edits from TomTom and Google, Google dropping Navteq as a map provider... I think we'll start reaping the benefits in the near future. The ball is rolling, but it's still a little too early to expect immediate results.

Buddharay, Nov 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question