Is LIVE/HD Traffic being phased out in US?

No, Alex -- ArmaBCG refers to the new "Nav4" units being introduced in North America.

GO40 (4" resistive screen, no dock, no ASR)
GO50 (5" resistive screen, no dock, no ASR)
GO60 (6" resistive screen, no dock, no ASR)
GO500 (5" capacitive screen, nice dock, ASR)
GO600 (6" capacitive screen, nice dock, ASR)

After 2 years, my TomTom 2535 TM WTE stopped receiving FM traffic signals in major cities such as Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. I used the TomTom extensively for travel in NA and Europe and was pretty disapponted at the loss of this functionality of the RDS-TMC received. TomTom Customer Service basically said that my unit was out of warranty and they couldn't do anything beyond basic trouble shooting. They didn't even have extra RDS cables to provide in the event that was the problem., Everything else about the TomTom is great but they certainly did not live up to the promise of providing "Lifetime Traffice Updates". After having purchased TomTom almost exclusively (including gifts for family)-they really let me down!
Update: TomTom is trying to get me a cable to trouble shoot the problem-confidence in customer service restored. Glad they are trying to fix this!

Last edited:
It could indeed be the combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger which is faulty. Good luck trying to find a replacement. Maybe ebay or Amazon.

@dhn
In his last 'update' sentence, it sounds as though somebody at TomTom has located a replacement cable from some secret stash. If it works, they'll probably let him keep it. I had no idea they still had any around!

After 2 years, my TomTom 2535 TM WTE stopped receiving FM traffic signals in major cities such as Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. I used the TomTom extensively for travel in NA and Europe and was pretty disapponted at the loss of this functionality of the RDS-TMC received. TomTom Customer Service basically said that my unit was out of warranty and they couldn't do anything beyond basic trouble shooting. They didn't even have extra RDS cables to provide in the event that was the problem., Everything else about the TomTom is great but they certainly did not live up to the promise of providing "Lifetime Traffice Updates". After having purchased TomTom almost exclusively (including gifts for family)-they really let me down!
Update: TomTom is trying to get me a cable to trouble shoot the problem-confidence in customer service restored. Glad they are trying to fix this!

I have a similar problem with my TomTom Via 1530. It stopped providing traffic notices (or even showing it was in a traffic available area) about 2 years ago after a map and system update. I can't find any way to get back my traffic alerts even though it came with "lifetime maps and traffic".

Your 1530 uses the RDS cable for traffic, correct?

Ask a Question