Is Itinerary Planner now gone from the TT's?

F22

I have read that it is gone. Is this true?

I am getting pretty tired of TT's actions. I cannot update the Europe maps on my 920 because they NOW think that I am only entitled to American maps even though I purchased this unit for BOTH sides of the Atlantic.

Why would they remove the Itinerary Planner? They bragged about their cooperation with Google in exporting it to the TT!!!!

I am getting pretty tired of TT's actions. I cannot update the Europe maps on my 920 because they NOW think that I am only entitled to American maps even though I purchased this unit for BOTH sides of the Atlantic.

Why would they remove the Itinerary Planner? They bragged about their cooperation with Google in exporting it to the TT!!!!

I feel your frustration, and I'm in a similar situation. I called TT about updating my European maps to the latest version and they were reluctant until I explained to them that I'll be in Europe for the next 4 yrs. So' I've got the update for the Western Europe maps but TT's service reps implied that you would only be allowed to update either one or the other map, but not both.

I'll be comming stateside in May for vacation and I guess I'll be using the old version 710 while I'm home. Regarding the Itinerary planner, I guess everyone is noticing this especially after updating to the new application. I noticed the IP button had been removed from the application only after I screen captured the menu prior to updating, and compared it after the application update. I read on the forums, there's supposedly a fix to this new application that will be released sometime this comming week.

Itinery Planner Not removed in 7.480

<Snip>

I just checked my 920T after the 7.480 update & the Itinerary Planning button is still there & it works (just checked it.)

"Thought you'd like to know..."

Franko

Thanks, Franko. It sounds like there may be a variety of bugs in that new firmware. For the moment I will stick with the older firmware.

Ttravler: It is irritating and has me NOT recommending TT to friends - customer relations is important and they have blown it in my opinion.

Important for Trucks

I'm a truck driver and I have to set waypoints so I follow a certain route to shippers and receivers. I can't just bust through towns like you four wheelers. The itinerary planner is essential for me.

I was messing with the Garmins at Best Buy. From what I can see, I can't set waypoints with them. :eek: If I'm wrong, let me know. I was ready to buy the most inexpensive of the Garmins, so I can have a second viewpoint (plus I can afford to blow some money). But without the ability to set waypoints, I think I'll pass.

I don't know if there is a mix up about the Itinernary Planner (IP), but when I plug my 920 to the computer and use TT Home to operate my TT, IP is not there. But if you disconnect your TT from the computer then it appears. So there is something wrong with firmware. So IP is there but you have to disconnect the TT from the computer to see it.
So I guess if you want to use IP, i guess you have to disconnect from the computer to use the IP.

IWhy would they remove the Itinerary Planner? They bragged about their cooperation with Google in exporting it to the TT!!!!

I just tested with Google and it works. The information goes to the favorites section of the TT not to the IP....

Last edited:
Jukebox gone also when using HOME

First post here but i've noticed other things missing also.
When I plug in and use TT HOME on the computer It doesn't show several things such as the TT jukebox and the Itinerary Planner. The HOME program seems to "not know" about the jukebox and removes it from my quick menu also. I have to re-add it each time I use HOME and then disconnect my GO920 from the PC. Does TT HOME not know what a GO920 is? It seems to think It's a 720 which I assume didn't have these features? Anyone else having this problem?:confused:

First post here but i've noticed other things missing also.
When I plug in and use TT HOME on the computer It doesn't show several things such as the TT jukebox and the Itinerary Planner. The HOME program seems to "not know" about the jukebox and removes it from my quick menu also. I have to re-add it each time I use HOME and then disconnect my GO920 from the PC. Does TT HOME not know what a GO920 is? It seems to think It's a 720 which I assume didn't have these features? Anyone else having this problem?:confused:

I hear you I have the 920 as well and the the new applacation states it is for the 720 and there is some bugs in there that TT is aware of . According to TT support yesterday there is supposed to be a newer verson comming out by April 1st at the latest. If you search this form you will see several bug complaints with the 7.8 applacation, hopefully they will get these buggs fixed soon and properly.

Last edited:

Ask a Question