Is it possible TTS on Tomtom Go 700 ?

Is it possible to get TTS on Tomtom Go 700 ?

I just bought Tomtom GO 700 and want to know if it is possible to get Text to Sppech on 700 ? I've so far not opened my box so if it is not compatible than I might return it. Also the software CD that comes with Tomtom can you install that on your PDA ? I've AXIM x50v and would love to have Tomtom on my PDA and give go 700 to my wife. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello mjoshi and welcome.

To place Text to Speech on your go 700 is something possible. However, TomTom has fix this with the last 3 latest firmwires; I think it was 3. The firmwires caused text to speech from being used on other units. If this is something you would like to have has a feature, then I would suggest to upgrade to the GO 910.

The software can't be used on the your PDA. You will need TomTom Navigator software and a bluetooth GPS receiver.

Hello mjoshi and welcome.

To place Text to Speech on your go 700 is something possible. However, TomTom has fix this with the last 3 latest firmwires; I think it was 3. The firmwires caused text to speech from being used on other units. If this is something you would like to have has a feature, then I would suggest to upgrade to the GO 910.

The software can't be used on the your PDA. You will need TomTom Navigator software and a bluetooth GPS receiver.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I think Text to speech makes it little bit easy to use unit. Also I've Axims x50v with bluetooth receiver. I'm currently using DELL GPS (which is rebaged iGuidance) and Destinator PN on my Axim as well as my Sprint PPC-6700. I bought this for my wife assuming she dont need to carry seperate receiver and go thru configure etc (you know how challenging that can be :) ). But if there is no software CD in box than I think I cannot get it on Axim (or am I thinking wrong ?) In past I've used Tomtom (thru my company) on my PDA and at the time of installation it was asking to select between PDA or Tomtom GO (vers 5.0) so I was under impression that it would be same with this one also. If you could point to hack it would be great. Thanks once again for taking time to respond to my question.

Ask a Question