Is it possible to reset the the trip statistics

Hi I have a tomtom rider 2
Is it possible to reset the the trip statistics
The one in question is the one that is on the 3 screen that states
Total Since ( Date ) ie master
Can this be done by altering / deleting a file
I dont want to do a factory reset and start all over again
Many Thanks

There may be a file that can be deleted/changed..but I havnt found it.

I know that whenever there is an application update, it resets it back to zero. Other than that, I see no way to do it.

I might even post this one in the more tech savy parts of the forum, someone might know the answer but doesnt read the Rider section.

Cheers

Keep us informed if you find anything RCACS. I asked the same question last year and have not found a satisfactory solution to date.

PC

I actually wish the mileage didnt reset to zero when updating the application. This way I could see how many total miles I have put on my Rider since new....At one point it was showing over 39,000km, then there was an update.....back to zero....o well.

I only use the resetable daily and trip odometers and really dont worry about the total km's on the unit itself.

Cheers!

Hehe I know exactly what you mean RCACS. I would like just one more level of statistics retained so that I could (like you) check total miles recorded. I would also like a new level added for total journey statistics, so I could retain all days of the journey (which I could zero at the start of a new journey) and retain the daily journey statistics as currently available. I have suggested this mod to Tomtom, but haven't heard back from them.

PC

Last edited:
I have a strong suspicion we wont see much more in updates for the Rider. Infact, if they completely drop it I wouldnt be surprised.

Garman has created new models on a fairly regular basis and I think the market is pretty small in comparison to the car market.

Alot of guys are buying low priced auto units and putting them on their bikes rather than paying a huge amount for a bike specific one.

Having said that, I really love my Rider2.

Cheers!

Is there any documentation on the Trip Statistics menu option? I can't find anything in the PDF manual...

Thanks

Thanks for all the replys
Just had a email back from Tomtom stating that it can only be done by a factory reset
A pain , just will have to live with it , reckon it must be in a file somewhere and they dont want you to alter it
Woody

Trip Statistics Menu is located in "Preferences" menu. Page 48 of Rider 2nd Edition manual.

PC

PC,

Thanks for the reply. I think my manual must be different than yours as it states nothing on page 48 about Trip Statistics. It is the PDF manual available directly through TomTom's website via Home. After performing a search for the term "trip statistics",I have only one result under the topic "Safety Driving Menu" on page 42.

If you have something detailed, would it be possible to post those details here or in a PM?

Thanks!

Sorry about that Loki Loki, the reference that I referred to on page 48 was one that I had added to my own pdf manual.
On the Rider 2nd Edition, you access the "trip statistics" from th "main menue" screen, use the right pointing arrow to go to page 3 and you should see it in the top right hand corner of the screen beside "Tom Tom Services".

PC

Thanks again, PC.

I think this time I need to be more blunt, as my question seems to be unclear.

Trip Statistics; How is it used? What is he difference between the "Today" page, the "Trip Started" page, and the "Total Since" page? What (specifically) do each of the categories on each page indicate. In particular, what does the "Home" category on the "Today" page represent? What does the "Moving" category on the "Trip Started" page indicate? And what exactly is affected when I press the "New Trip" button?

I'm unable to find any documentation that answers any of these questions. Don't get me wrong, I can make educated guesses that could answer these questions, but I want to know for certain what I'm dealing with. Can anyone help, please?

Thanks!

The Today is the mileage accumlated in one day, and resets itself back to zero at midnight. The Trip Started is an odometer or tripmeter for keeping track of an entire trip, it will reset back to zero when a trip hits 10,000km. If you use the reset, it will eliminate the mileage back to zero. The Total Since is accumulated mileage since originally turning on the GPS, and will accumlate miles (KM's) everytime the unit is on. You cannot reset this total unless you either a. update the application, or b. delete and redownload the application.

HOME means the distance back to wherever you have set home on the device. This is not a very accurate feature at all.

Moving time is exactally that, how long your bike has actually been moving since turning on the unit each trip and will reset back to zero when you hit New Trip.

When I go on long trips, I dont reset until I am finished. This gives you an accurate mileage count and your speed average, which uses miles covered and time moving.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Cheers

Ask a Question