Is iPad USB power adaptor ok on a Start 20?

I own an iPad (1) which comes with a USB power adaptor. It is marked: 5.1v, 2.1 amp, 10W.
I have ordered a Start 20 Europe (should arrive tomorrow!) which I was going to use quite a lot outside a car, so I need to be able to charge it from the mains. The TT mains power adaptor is an "optional extra", so avoid the "extra" ?20 cost...
Please could someone advise me if I can plug the TT USB cable into the iPad power adaptor, without causing damage to my lovely new Start 20?
I am a first-time UK poster, grateful for any advice that can be offered. Thanks everyone.

Yes that should work fine.

Basically any power supply with a USB connector on it will produce ~5 Volts as that is the USB specification, and any device with a USB socket on it will be powered safely from it.

The only issue is how well or how fast one of the smallerl power supplies will be able to charge the battery in the TomTom, but at 2.1 Amps the iPad supply has plenty of current capacity for the job.

Ask a Question