Is Firmware 7.48 Working Properly Now?

I've been reading the posts about the issues with the first release of the software so I've not downloaded the update yet for my 920. I've also seen comments that one version was pulled and another released. Is the version that's currently showing in TT Home safe to download? Besides the VR problem are there any other issues that have shown up and would these also have been corrected with the current version? I operate my 920 on an Intel Macbook Pro and haven't had any issues yet with the TT Home software. Thanks for any advice.
John

I've been reading the posts about the issues with the first release of the software so I've not downloaded the update yet for my 920. I've also seen comments that one version was pulled and another released. Is the version that's currently showing in TT Home safe to download? Besides the VR problem are there any other issues that have shown up and would these also have been corrected with the current version? I operate my 920 on an Intel Macbook Pro and haven't had any issues yet with the TT Home software. Thanks for any advice.
John

I believe that firmware still has issues. On the British forum, there is mention of traffic data issues and displays as well as the voice problems.

I don't know what features it added so I don't feel in a rush to update.

Firmware 7.480

John

I suggest you wait till next week (or later) when they come up with another update. They told me they were going to release one around the 24th.

The changes I've seen I woudn't condisder an "improvement". I think they have made the side street names go away when navigating, atleast I don't see as many street names come up anymore while navigating, the VR is gone, You can't select auto-tune for traffic anymore, only manual, it takes longer to hold the power button to power it up, and the exit splash screen is darker. I am still messing with it.

Shouldda Listened!

I suggest you wait till next week (or later) when they come up with another update. They told me they were going to release one around the 24th.

The changes I've seen I woudn't condisder an "improvement". I think they have made the side street names go away when navigating, atleast I don't see as many street names come up anymore while navigating, the VR is gone, You can't select auto-tune for traffic anymore, only manual, it takes longer to hold the power button to power it up, and the exit splash screen is darker. I am still messing with it.
Well I got bored and went ahead and let it download the update. VR doesn't work - all the buttons are highlighted except for the upper right corner where the sound meter image is - and I can no longer "Operate My Go" on my mac laptop. I really don't want to go messing around with any files so I'll let it stay this way and see what other "features" have been added! Hopefully an update correcting this will come soon. I'm curious though as to why the update was left in there when all the feedback was showing those issues.
John

Why even bother with this Update?

Tomtom said it will be fixed early next week.

Not that I don't like to believe everything I read on the Internet :rolleyes: , but where did you see that TomTom said this? I look on their site, read their official blog, but can't find anything that seems like a cite-worthy source.

I've decided to hold off on the update for the time being. Even TT seems to suggest that the update offers no real new features for the vast majority of us.

Per their site (http://www.tomtom.com/6141, which you can learn about if you look on the "more info" page on TT Home just at the point where you might be asked to download the update), the only new feature for the 7.480 update is the addition of the feature to use the new HD Traffic receiver.

Version 7.480
(TomTom GO 520/720/920 only)

* Support for TomTom HD Traffic receiver
* Other minor improvements

The HD Traffic receiver is not even available for use/purchase in most of the world (especially here in the USA) as of this moment. See the company press release at http://www.tomtom.com/news/category.php?ID=4&NID=495&Lid=1.

So, on that basis alone, I'm not sure why I'd want to download this update, since it offers essentially zero benefit for me versus all of the risks posted by many people on this site.

Last edited:
VR working just fine

working solution: Look at Thread in Forum:TomTom GO 720 > Keeping Voice Recognition files before Updating to HOME 2.2.2.83

dump836257496.jpg

dump836257501.jpg

after reading of the problems with 7.481 i backed up my 720 and updated the software

did not loose VR at all so I guess it has been fixed

Ask a Question