irish and new zealand wont work

my tomtom one xl displays some voice options as grey icons that i can't select.

it says to install them from my cd, or the website. but i can't.

the names of the ones that wont work are:
sean - english (irish)
kathy - english (irish)
paul - english (new zealand) *
katrina - english (new zealand) *

* i manged to find and install paul and katrina on the forums, and they are now fully working.
(there are links to them for others that may need them also.)

i can't find any of these voices on the tomtom website.

tom tom home does not display them.

does ayone know where i can download the files for sean and kathy?

does anyone know the names of the files, so i can manually browse the cd, or search more effectively online.

failing this, is it possible to delete the icons etc assosiated with them. it seems pointless for them to display if i can't use them.

Last edited:
someone else on the forum had the same problem but was never answered properly. so i am sure others must have it too.

my tomtom one xl displays some voice options as grey icons that i can't select. it says to install them from my cd or the website. but i can't. how can i download these voices. or failing that, delete the icons etc assosiated with them. as it seems pointless and annoying for them to display if i can't use them.

the names of the ones that wont work are:
sean - english (irish)
kathy - english (irish)
paul - english (new zealand) *
katrina - english (new zealand) *

* i did mange to find and install these on the forums

thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

The reason is when you first set up your unit and selected a voice you were asked if you only wanted the use voices in the same language (English (US)). If you reset to factory settings, answer the question "no", then redownload the voices you mention, they will become available. The TT will treat any voice non English (US) as a foreign voice, even some of the purchased ones.:)

thanks but i don't think that's the problem. i have all sorts of languages available as voices. i did not limit it to english speaking.

the voices i want to sort out don't display as either being available for download, or voices already on my tomtom. even though they are official tomtom voices. they are not ones i have donwloaded myself and wish to use. i don't even have them. they are just pointless greyed out options that i cant use when scrolling through to select a voice. so i wanted them to either work as the others do, or delete them.

but as i said, i managed to get two of the voices working by downloading them, from searching on here. they work fine. and changed the annoying greyed out options into working ones.

basically i would just like to find the other two voices now (sean and kathy, with the irish accents). that's all. and i'm struggling to find them. does anyone know where i can get them.

failing that, i would like to know how to get rid of these greyed out options. ie. what files do i delete.

or what would the files be named so i can just use other voices in their place.

Last edited:
I posted this in the tomtom voices sticky but here seems more appropriate:

I am having a similar problem, I want to have more than one computer voice installed but tomtom home does not want to let me. At the moment I have the "Kate English UK" computer voice installed (I installed it off the tomtom CD) but now when I go to the add voices option in TTH the other voice I want to install (Susan U.S.) does not show up in the options. I have browsed my C.D. and in the folder TTS (which I assume is all the computer voices) I have a zip file called Kate_6.9.1 which would be my current computer voice and also a Susan_6.9.1.zip file (as well a quite a few others). Is it possible to have more than one computer voice installed, why aren't these voices showing up in TTH ?

TomTom Go 720

tt.jpg

hubird, i don't really know what i am talking about. but, is there no way to extract the files, from inside those ones, and put them straight into the voices folder of your tomtom? i have not found tomtom home to be of much use.

i don't know if this is the same problem though. it might be easier for you to get more and better responses if you make your own thread.

Last edited:
does anyone atleast know the file names that sean and kathy, the irish accented voices, would have so i can try exploring the cd for them. or it might help me when looking online for the files. since i am still unable to find them.

i've altered my first post a bit in the hopes of making things clearer.

Last edited:
foogtah - I'm in the same boat - tonight I started my quest to find Katrina/Paul/Kathy/Sean and I found this site (as you have). I've got Katrina and Paul (haven't tried installing them just yet), but I haven't found Kathy & Sean. Poor kids, hope they're ok.

Ask a Question