IQ routing in Map =>7.20, Requires application 8.0

ohh? nice. I was holding off buying a map til v8 comes out b/c I want it to work with IQ Routing. If 7.20 works, then all the better! (Although I find it weird that TT doesn't synchronise their map numbers... 8.05 sounds better lol)

Since the firmware/software seems to be easily installed, as evidenced by all the messages describing how to drop 7.221 in place of 7.481, would it be possible to drop software version 8.x onto an x20 device and have it work?

Since the firmware/software seems to be easily installed, as evidenced by all the messages describing how to drop 7.221 in place of 7.481, would it be possible to drop software version 8.x onto an x20 device and have it work?

That's the question I think everyone wants to know... or at least us who bought a 920... :)

B

That's the question I think everyone wants to know... or at least us who bought a 920... :)

B

Take a look at the link that ezerhoden provided in the first post of this thread. When you click on it, you see another link on that page. It is this: http://www.tomtom.com/page/iq-routes

Now then, look carefully at the screen shots on this page. In the bottom right corner of each screenshot is the version number of the firmware. It is showing as 7.481! So, unless the screens are really mock ups -- which is possible -- it seems that you might not even need Navcore 8 for IQ routing. Just a thought, eh?

Take a look at the link that ezerhoden provided in the first post of this thread. When you click on it, you see another link on that page. It is this: http://www.tomtom.com/page/iq-routes

Now then, look carefully at the screen shots on this page. In the bottom right corner of each screenshot is the version number of the firmware. It is showing as 7.481! So, unless the screens are really mock ups -- which is possible -- it seems that you might not even need Navcore 8 for IQ routing. Just a thought, eh?

Hehehehehe....I think someone may have caught on to you. There are now big RED circles with numbers on the lower right sides of these pictures.

Hehehehehe....I think someone may have caught on to you. There are now big RED circles with numbers on the lower right sides of these pictures.

Yeah, it's this:
screen1.jpg

in the lower right shows the version number of 7.481 that I was talking about. The circled '3' was there in the page, anyway

Does anyone have any solid info on whether Tomtom will even allow us to upgrade our units to this? I would love to have IQ logic on mine as I've heard some really good things about it, but am a little wary to believe they'll allow past users to upgrade their machines to this rather than upgrade. Not to say I wouldn't be opposed to some "unofficial" modding if it were possible. :D

Local knowledge

I opted to let TomTom grab my data, so hopefully it will see recent destinations, as in Mother's Day weekend travel, and see that I blatently used "local knowledge" and drove the routes I wanted to, and kept forcing TomTom to recalculate and reroute.

It felt GOOD to be in control and not at my XLS' mercy this trip. :D

Last edited:
IQ Routes requirements

IQ Routes is available on the following devices:

TomTom GO 930/730
This feature requires application version 8.xxx and map version 720.xxxx (or higher) to be installed on the device.
Click here to find out how to check the version of your application and map.

To check if a new application version is available, connect your TomTom device to your computer with TomTom HOME installed. TomTom HOME will automatically check for application updates.

I think this was a beta map that allowed IQ routing on the older map.

lane guidance and IQ routes only work with the 800 series of maps. Installing navcore 8 on your device will not make any difference. Trust me, i know :)

720 and 805 are exact same maps cept for those 2 items. (well and a bit more)

I believe lane guidance will work with Nav 8 and either a 720 or 805 map. The other caveat is the data for lane guidance must be there on the map as well. Could be the interstate you're near may not have the lane guidance data present.

Who knows for sure.

But does IQ routing work with Navcore 8 and the 7.20 map?
From what the tomtom page states, IQ routing info is in map version 7.20 and up.
Adavanced Lane Guidance was never mentioned on that page or in the topic of this post.

Ask a Question