ipod won't connect to TOM-TOM GO 730 anymore

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum.
I have had a Tom-Tom for just under a year. It works well and just after I purchased it I also purchased an cable which allowed me to connect the ipod to the tom-tom so I could listen to it in the car. Worked brilliantly until last week.

Now the ipod won't connect to the Tom-Tom. I believe the cable is still fine, and the ipod is fine, this still syncs to my PC ok.

I did upgrade my Tom-Tom software to the latest version, so I suspect this may be the cause.

Anyone had similar problems.

Is it easy to downgrade ?

Of course it could be an ipod / ipod cable problem but wondering where is the best place to begin.

Cheers
Kam

Tha answer to a lot of TomTom problems: do a hard reset of the TomTom. It's explained multiple times in other threads.

A reset is probably the best thing to try first, after that what device have you got and what map/ application have you got installed? (Tap the sat strength meter followed by the version box and the resultant screen will offer lots of information about the device) - It is possible to roll back to a pprevious Navcore software release but without knowing the map version and device type its not easy to advise exactly how - Mike

The hard reset did not do the trick, and i've also tried other ipods and they also do not connect.

Next I will try the cable on another tom-tom - need to find someone who has a similar model

If you want to downgrade, please post your map version. Only newer applications can read recent maps, so we need to know how old an application to recommend.

Most people don't bother with the iPod cable. It's easier to stick an SD card full of MP3s into the Tomtom directly, it results in less wires around your car.

Hi on map version 2.7.0.1785

Upgraded to 2.7.1.1812 but made no difference

I'll raise with Tom Tom support

Last edited:
You are providing the wrong information. Those are the version numbers of Home.

Tap the satellite bars on your unit. The next scren shows the version number of the application installed. Now, tap the version number and the next screen shows the map installed and its version number.

Map version 8.351

Device xxxxx xxxxx
App 8.351 (9982/090518) OS:315187
GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be the APPLICATION version. The map version is on the next screen after you tap the version number.

Report back the map installed and its version number by tapping the 8.351 box.

Map version 8.351

Device xxxxx xxxxx
App 8.351 (9982/090518) OS:315187
GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120

The map version is on the screen you posted, just the next line down. Once you respond with it, we can figure out how old an application to recommend that you install.

I also blanked out your serial number - since that's not a good thing to post online

I called Tom Tom support and all they could recommend it the soft reset option, otherwise send the model back to them. Its still within warranty.

If you want to downgrade your application, go to manage my device, and remove the current application.

Then use winrar to extract the contents of this file onto the Tomtom drive.

I don't use an ipod so I'm not sure if the downgrade will/won't fix the ipod issue.

Ask a Question